VH1 greatest hard rock songs tournament - Group 2

Choose Your favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolf

Reaction score
Where do you think it belongs I agree not metal(this poll didn't mention metal) but certainly hard rock. It's not psychedelic or acid and it's not a pop tune. What am I missing?

VH

How is Born to be Wild Hard Rock / Metal? I was voting on this VH1 poll on their site and it was nothing but a popularity contest. Born to Be Wild says the words "heavy metal" so that makes it a metal tune? lol To me that referes to the metal of an engine - That song isn't remotely heavy metal or hard rock.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Where do you think it belongs I agree not metal(this poll didn't mention metal) but certainly hard rock. It's not psychedelic or acid and it's not a pop tune. What am I missing?

I don't think it's "hard" rock. I think it's just 60's rock. I don't usually listen to the song, but when I think of it, all I hear is a 60's organ riff; I don't hear guitar...I don't think it even has a guitar solo...At least one I can remember.

No outstanding guitar, no guitar solo (that I recall), and a "heavy" organ riff are NOT hard rock to me.

I hate the song.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
All 4 are good tunes in their own respects,All 4 have also been milked to death on the radio waves,This day I went with Twister Sister,tune just pounds rock:grinthumb

Wolf

Reaction score
I've had my fill of BTBW but there's no out front guitar solo's because John Kay wasn't really in to all that but I don't need a solo to define it and when it came out in 68 there was nothing mainstream about it. To each his own it will always be a late 60's anthem.
'

I don't think it's "hard" rock. I think it's just 60's rock. I don't usually listen to the song, but when I think of it, all I hear is a 60's organ riff; I don't hear guitar...I don't think it even has a guitar solo...At least one I can remember.

No outstanding guitar, no guitar solo (that I recall), and a "heavy" organ riff are NOT hard rock to me.

I hate the song.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.