Van Zant (Official Thread)

Nora

Reaction score

1c6a3c17-4ab1-4311-b13e-5a881df4339f_zpsc5667c3e.jpg

Biography

Van Zant is an American musical duo composed of brothers Donnie Van Zant and Johnny Van Zant. Both are brothers of the legend Ronnie Van Zant, former lead singer for the Southern Rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd. Johnny became the lead vocalist for the reunited Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1987, and Donnie is also the leader and vocalist of .38 Special.

Initially a Southern rock band, Van Zant first recorded in the 1980's on Geffen Records before disbanding. Johnny and Donnie re-established Van Zant in 1998 to record two albums for CMC International, switching their focus to Country Music in 2005, with two more albums on Columbia Records as a duo. The duo's first Columbia album, Get Right with the Man, produced a Top Ten country hit in "Help Somebody".

Discography

Van Zant (1985)
Brother to Brother (1998)
Van Zant II (2001)
Get Right with the Man (2005)
My Kind of Country (2007)

Songs

Fever

Reaction score
The first Van Zant album is very good,but it was just Johnny's band going by Van Zant.Donnie wasn't in the band

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The first song I remember hearing from Van Zant was Fighter

Not a great song but I always enjoyed it, still like playing this track once in while.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The first Van Zant album is very good,but it was just Johnny's band going by Van Zant.Donnie wasn't in the band
Actually, I am pretty sure that both brothers started the band together, but I also think it may have formed out of the Johnny Van Zant Band. Might have to do some searching now.

Nora

Reaction score
^^^ Johnny recorded as a member of the 1980s southern rock band The Johnny Van Zant Band which released albums in 1980, 1981 and 1982. The band shortened its name to Van Zant for the release of its fourth album in 1985, the eponymous Van Zant on Geffen Records.

Last edited:

Fever

Reaction score
Actually, I am pretty sure that both brothers started the band together, but I also think it may have formed out of the Johnny Van Zant Band. Might have to do some searching now.

Donnie co-wrote some songs but the band was the same as the Johnny Van Zant band-Erik Lundgren on guitar,Robbie Morris-drums,Robbie Gay and Danny Clausman on bass.Lundgren played on the later Van Zant albums

Fever

Reaction score
I really liked that Van Zant album

-those pictures aren't Van Zant

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online