Van Halen vs. Yngwie Malmsteen

Van Halen vs. Yngwie Malmsteen

• Total voters

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
Van Halen's debut definitely!!
Rising Force cannot come close with the phenomenal, explosive debut of The Mighty Van Halen!!!
It was and is still considered today as one of the greatest debut albums in rock history.

Rocker440

Reaction score
:lmao: Yngwie is almost like the musician version of Rodney Dangerfield on most music polls....I tell ya he seems to get...NO Respect, or maybe that should be few, or NO votes! :eek: :oyea:

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Van Halen, first album Ive heard from them too so far :p

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Van Halen.

Regardless of how good Yngwie is on the guitar, I can't name more than 2 or 3 of his songs from the top of my head and that covers his whole career. Not just this particular album of his in question.

Meanwhile, I can name numerous Van Halen tunes just from memory.

Rocker440

Reaction score
A Yngwie shutout? ;) I do agree with what many, fellow rockers here have posted! Van Halen's first album thoroughly impressed me when I heard it! :tup: From the beginning all the way through to the last track I greatly enjoyed this album and also continue to now! Not to take anything away from Rising Force, which I do like, too. :cheers:

Hardnecker

Reaction score
My buddy Brian had a VW Beetle with a stereo that would melt your face. He picked me up one day and said "listen to this." As a young guitar player I could not comprehend what I was hearing. "Eruption" has to be considered as one of the greatest guitar solo's ever. As a thirteen year old, I sure thought so.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
IMHO, David Lee Roth so far from Jeff Scott Soto, how Pluto of a Sun (in terms of vocals). And I like Yngwie a lot more than Edward.2_sm5.gif

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
:woot::woot: wow yes hmmm boll***s love both theses albums equally so how on earth am I going to choice one.:woot::woot::pullhair::woot: hmmm I ponder and come back...:uh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray