Van Halen (Official Thread)

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
IM very suprised by A Different Kind of Truth.Its a good cd.I cant get away with tattoo though.I also think the production on the cd is a bit muffled .For the record i like early van halen(not the hagar era)

TB_

Reaction score
My new years resolution is to choose one artist/band per week and listen to their entire discography. I chose Van Halen first and I've listened to the first 6 albums since monday.

It has been disappointing so far, the songs seems so monotonous and I don't feel like there is a lot of diversity. Is the love mostly based on nostalgia, or is it just not for me? They didn't exactly blow me away like meatloaf did when I first listened to bat out of hell.
Hopefully It'll grow on me though.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My new years resolution is to choose one artist/band per week and listen to their entire discography. I chose Van Halen first and I've listened to the first 6 albums since monday.

It has been disappointing so far, the songs seems so monotonous and I don't feel like there is a lot of diversity. Is the love mostly based on nostalgia, or is it just not for me? They didn't exactly blow me away like meatloaf did when I first listened to bat out of hell.
Hopefully It'll grow on me though.

They might grow on you. I like VH but to me they are easy to get sick of. I didn't like the first couple of VH albums the first time I heard them. As for the new album whilst I like it, its not that great if anything its inconsistent to me.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
. As for the new album whilst I like it, its not that great if anything its inconsistent to me.
I love VH minus the cheese eg
From VH 1-I avoid jamies crying,feel your love and the dreaded ice cream van.
Atomic punk now thats a different story:bow::bow::bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think there is one single bad track on VH's debut. One of the best debut albums in recorded history

I agree actually. I think maybe the reason I had a hard time getting into it originally was more the band itself and its style.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online