Van Halen enters studio today (Jan 17)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
My prediction is one or two really good songs that do justice to the earlier Roth albums and then the rest of the album is of questionable quality.

I hope you are wrong because it would be a pity to see VH become obsolete after so many good albums :):flirt

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I will remain optimistic, my only real concern it the fragility of Eddie and David's mercurial relationship, that always looms over everything and unlike Tyler and Perry's feuds VH's are serious.

If what the reports are saying is true and Eddie is pulling out all the stops including some of his old riffs that have been gathering dust for ages, then I think it will be a good album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^He doesn't really need to change anything, the list of guitarists that have a signature sound is quite extensive, I will be happy if the band just gave us another album of vintage VH songs like the debut.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
^^He doesn't really need to change anything, the list of guitarists that have a signature sound is quite extensive, I will be happy if the band just gave us another album of vintage VH songs like the debut.

I don't want to hear that keyboard crap. The fans would experience bliss if they did tunes like they did off the first two albums, or Fair Warning. I'm also interested in the backing vocals since Micheal Anthony did those, and they were so much a part of their sound. Personally, I'd rather just hear DLR do background vocals in the studio. I never liked Anthony's vocals that much.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I will always have the debut rated as their best record, but I don't mind keyboards either. I just feel a return to their roots kind of album would be well received. I like Michael Anthony, he was a big part of the band for a long time, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

His tone does not need to change. His playing does. He is a one trick pony. He has not progressed at all.

If their album is like the first two that would be great. I might even buy it if that is the case.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online