Uriah Heep Sign New Deal Ahead Of New Album

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Taken from Planet Rock.

398548.jpg

Band sign to Frontiers Records ahead of new album release in April

Uriah Heep have been signed up to Frontiers Records (the new home of bands such as Whitesnake and Mr Big) and they will release new album, Into The Wild, in April ahead of an extensive European tour.

The band have also released a new behind the scenes video from their recording sessions at Liscombe Park Studios in Buckinghamshire.

Watch the video below:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Love the video! Looks to be quite cool! I loved their last album ALOT!! :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Another band that go from strength to strength IMO, and Mick Box has to be one of the nicest, most down to Earth guys in rock. I will be following this with anticipation Great Band.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Good news about the album, too bad the label sucks. Sorry to be so critical but they used to do a terrible job of servicing music to stations and promoting artists. I used to have to fight to get music out of them for airplay, not a good thing if you are a band on the label counting on them to promote your record. So I never thought too much of Frontiers.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
That's bad news Heep have had this sort of thing before .. Mick Box has said of the Equtor album "CBS Did a terrible job getting Equator into the shops, We were going out playing, but you couldn't buy the bloody record!" .. I guess time will tell. Just hope they have better fortune with Frontiers. Doesn't sound too promising though aeroplane.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
That's bad news Heep have had this sort of thing before .. Mick Box has said of the Equtor album "CBS Did a terrible job getting Equator into the shops, We were going out playing, but you couldn't buy the bloody record!" .. I guess time will tell. Just hope they have better fortune with Frontiers. Doesn't sound too promising though aeroplane.

Anyone who was following new music by classic rock and metal artists in the 1990's possibly remembers CMC International Records/Sanctuary Records. People used to poke fun at them for being a dinosaur label, but at least they got singles and albums to radio stations, doing a darn good job of it in the process.

It disappoints me when I see some of the labels classic rock artists are signing with to do new music since a number of them, in my opinion, don't do a thing to help the artist other than providing a label to release the album on.

I should know, I used to have to beg labels and occasionally offer a kidney (or two) just to get ahold of some music from name artists who were on these European labels (or US indie labels). It wasn't even because they didn't like my station(s).

They'd tell me they couldn't afford to send music out and didn't have any plans to do anything with radio.

I ain't liking that if I am in Uriah Heep for 15-20 years and spent thousands of dollars and 6 months to record a new album.

Frontiers is terrible about getting music into stores and to radio stations. I know from experience.

What I predict will happen, and I hope happens, is that some US label will pick up the rights to distribute Heep's record and actually get it into stores in the states.

Frontiers has a lot of "big" clients like Journey, Mr. Big, Nelson and Jeff Scott Soto. However, the ones responsible for helping these bands sell anything in the United States is whatever label ends up getting distribution rights. Frontiers doesn't do squat.

Now I gotta be careful for some rep from Frontiers to come on here and tear me a new one like Tom Werman did.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
It doesn't paint a pretty picture, can you imagine Heep busting a gut touring to promote the album and punters at the ready with the cash to buy .. only to find the shelves empty .. Frustraing for both band and fan to say the least.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I remember the story with Heep and the Equator album, sad story to put it mildly, I believe they have only recently mastered the album for re-release.

I love Heep, one of my fave bands of all time, I really dig that video that was posted by Nololob, thanks man it sounds really promising, shame that the label might not be up to much. Heep deserve much better, I have followed them for years and like The Enid they have been ripped off before and it is wrong.

I will be ordering this album asap and will be looking for tour dates as usual, will support them whatever they do :)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
But think about it. Equator was released 26 years ago, where rock was still popular. I have to admit, that didn't work. But today rock is not that popular, especially bands that are going longer than 30 years, so no matter how good this album, and I believe it will be heavy as Wake The Sleeper, it won't get onto radio that much. Even though it might be ignored after week or two of airplay. But as Uriah Heep fan I will be following them and waiting for their album to pre-order.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I've never heard Uriah Heep but I think this will be the perfect opportunity to start listening.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online