Uriah Heep and Ozzy Osbourne drummer Lee Kerslake dead at 73

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
By Fraser Lewry (Classic Rock) 2 hours ago

Drummer Lee Kerslake, most famous for his stints with Uriah Heep and Ozzy Osbourne, has died

wwUg5rVq8CnCLpOiSZ3meD_gOZVVe8qRFbzzbQrEcVf15Cflw6kcU1r3ANpVFmJFYKkxj3410GKMdsEJgEBDw1CbH4GucIBQ6_B6hV_qZNA

Lee Kerslake has died at the age of 73. The drummer, who played on many of Uriah Heep's albums and on Ozzy Osbourne's classic Blizzard Of Oz and Diary Of A Madman, succumbed to prostate cancer after a long illness.

The news was confirmed by former Uriah Heep member Ken Hensley, who wrote, "It's with the heaviest of hearts that I share with you that Lee Kerslake, my friend of 55 years and the best drummer I ever played with, lost his battle with cancer at 03:30 this morning. He died peacefully, praise The Lord, but he will be terribly missed.

"I know many of you were praying for him not to suffer and I thank you for that and, now that Lee is at peace, our thoughts and prayers should turn to his wife Sue who will need all the support she can get at this time."

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
So very sad to see we have lost 'The Bear'..a powerhouse of a drummer.
He first came on my radar with his connections with Toe Fat, before that he appeared in The Gods.
Lee's percussion work with Uriah Heep was second to none and played an integral part in the bands success.
RIP mate.

Roxi

Reaction score
:rip: Lee

A fine Englishman and a great drummer.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online