Update: Kinks Reunion Getting Closer

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
The week started with Kinks founder Dave Davies answering a question about a possible Kinks reunion by saying: “There are no definite plans but nothing is definitely ruled out.” But now, the Daily Express reports that, when talking to Mojo magazine, Dave sounded much more committed to the idea of reuniting with his brother Ray and the band.

“Me and Ray have been talking about doing something. Well, he keeps saying it but then he goes on tour. But it’d be nice to do it, and it’d be silly not to do it when we can,” Dave said. “It has to be done properly. We wouldn’t do it with a tribute band, put it that way. At least me and Ray are talking.”

Update: Kinks Reunion Getting Closer

whobeatle

classic rock fan
Reaction score
I would be super excited to see the Kinks record a few new tracks or even
an entire album. especially with the great, underrated Dave Davies contributing
a few songs. Not to knock Ray's singing or songwriting, but Dave is great also.

But from what you posted, its not much, just the slimmest of hopes.
Personally I believe at their age, and Dave supposedly isin't that well off
financially, if Dave can make a million bucks or half a million, for his retirement
by cutting a few tracks and doing a few shows, I would expect they will do it.

I dont think either one of them are healthy enough to do an extended tour,
but maybe they could do a few shows, do a video of the best performances
and release a few new songs, as bonus tracks or a new album.. and that would be it.

I dont picture them getting together for a permanent thing. Because of their health
and the tension between them.

But a great payday, and a last chance to reunite one of the great all time bands
has got to be too tempting to pass up.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
whobeatle....first off, thanks for replying and getting excited for a possible Kinks tour.

....because no one else did! :heheh:

secondly, I love your forum name!

I'm a HUGE Who and Beatles fan! :)

Welcome to the forum - the more classic rockers - the merrier I am!

:cheers2

whobeatle

classic rock fan
Reaction score
Seems like Dave is just waitin' on Ray. :uh:

Well I don't know. Ray had been waiting on Dave, and then Dave said no way would he do it, about three or four months ago... and then the other day he seemed to reverse himself in an interview...saying he had gotten together with Ray, and they were planning a reunion, and Dave just wanted to make sure they went about it, the right way.. Dave has been active lately, releasing two albums since recovering from his stroke, and the very strong Pink Floydish sounding single... "God Is In My Brain" which I love!!

Dave has a new DVD out...called Dave Davies Kronicles or something like that, and he had some new songs that blew me away, they sounded just like great "Ray Davies" songs from the heyday of the Kinks...except with Daves higher voice...one called Fortis Green, another called FLowers in the Rain, they sounded just like they came off of Arthur or the Village Green preservation society or something like that,

Some of his new songs are so good, it makes me wonder why he didint write more of the Kinks songs...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I need to keep up on it better...thanks for the info and those songs are really good. I dig FITR :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusanStone

Members online