Reaction score
Re: Turisas

They made an excellent Sabbath cover

Supernaut

I'm starting to like this band. :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ yeah the Supernaut cover!! Yeah I'm more into them now then say 6 months ago...got the whole profile,sig and avatar theme goin' this week for them.

They are epic!! :cheers2

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

With each listen of Stand Up and Fight, it just continues to get better and better. A few tracks I really like:

Take the Day

The Great Escape

The album as a whole has an incredibly epic feel to it!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Man do I love the song ONE MORE

The violin melody in the beginning here..and every return to the melody within' the song! One of my FAVOURITES!!!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am gonna chime in on this band........

I have been doing some research on the use of violins in metal and this band has gotten my attention because of the Epic feel to their music. Their later music is borderline filmscore type music, and I am glad they have toned down the gruff & growling vocals a bit. Although how can you tell tales of Viking battles without some growling..........

The violinist in this band is outstanding. His parts aren't always prominent, but add a very rich and dramatic texture to the music. He also plays the accordion, which is an awesome addition to metal music.

This song is very folkish but grows in intensity and showcases the Violin & Accordion solos nicely:

In The Court Of Jarisleif

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I was actually about to post an official thread for these guys and then I realized that someone already did... Thanks! Wish there was more here.

@Magic I'm pleased to see that you posted here, even if it was a while ago... lol.

One of my favorite bands. Folk metal is a very epic genre of music and it's always backed by passion, as does all folk music.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online