Top 5 Hair metal bands of the 80's

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Only 5? can't do it. But here's a short list (not in any particular order)

Dokken
Motley Crue
KISS
Cinderella
Ratt
Skid Row
Def Leppard
Tesla
Bon Jovi
Scorpions
WASP
Whitesnake
Lita Ford
Winger
Keel
Great White
Poison

Now some of these bands I wouldn't really categorize as "Hair metal" or "Glam metal" bands, but for the sake of the thread, it's good enough for now.

headbanger.gif

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I'm making a list of everyone who posted in here...... THEY HAVE GREAT TASTE IN BANDS>>:grinthumb

Smoke The Sky

Reaction score
I've really tried but couldn't decrease them to 5. This is my most limited list :yh:

1) KISS
2) Mötley Crüe
3) GNR
4) Bon Jovi
5) Def Leppard
6) Scorpions
7) Cinderella
8) W.A.S.P.
9) Shotgun Messiah
10)Skid Row(w/Bach)

Not all of them are from the 80's though.

5) Anthrax - Anthrax was just a lot of fun.They were playing really heavy stuff but kind of had the look of all the MTV Hair Metal acts. My favorite album is 'Among the Living' but Fistfull of Metal & Spreading the Disease are up there as well. I always thought they did some great covers like "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath","I'm 18","Parasite", & "God Save the Queen"

Umm... Anthrax is thrash, not hair :geetar:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just odd but I don't see Guns N' Roses as a hair band. With the exception of Axl in the "Welcome To The Jungle" video they just never had the hair to be classified as one.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just odd but I don't see Guns N' Roses as a hair band. With the exception of Axl in the "Welcome To The Jungle" video they just never had the hair to be classified as one.

As with any Rock band getting sucked into that whole image labeling thing they started out a bit glamish..
guns_n_roses.png

Guns.jpg
guns-n-roses.jpg
k.jpg

If your a band who uses Aqua Net, chances are your going to get shoved into that "Hair Band' catagory..:rolleyes:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Those all seem to be early pictures of Guns though I do see your point. The irony of it all though is that in the third pic Axl's pants have "Glam Sucks" written on them. :bonk:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.