Top 10 Loudest Bands of All Time

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I've never worn earplugs to concerts and I've probably been to well over a hundred big venue shows (ie: arenas or stadiums). For the most part, my hearing is still pretty damn good. The vast majority of those shows were in the 80's and early 90's and wearing earplugs to shows at that time really wasn't something that was done too often, if at all.

nowadays, yeah I think after my last KISS concert, I'd probably consider wearing plugs (man that was loud too - fall of 2010).

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I've got a pair of little spongy earplugs I used to stick in my ears when I had trouble sleeping after a night shift. I'll use those next time I know a concert will be noisy :D

Recky

Reaction score
I saw Lemmy and the boys a couple of years ago in Holland, while visiting rellies...took my ears a week to get over it, Hammerfall were pretty loud, even AC/DC and Iron Maiden at Acer Arena in the Sydney suburbs were fairly up there in noise levels....BUT...back in the day, in pubs around Sydney, Rosey Tatts , The Choirboys, The Radiators and The Angels were known to crank the shit out of their gear, depending on the acoustics of the pub, they got really, really fkn LOUD...as of late...Airbourne are upholding the loud aussie tradition, them boys can crank it somewhat

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^^^ I wonder how many people have poor hearing due to going to loud rock concerts.

Almost anyone that has attended a concert I think especially if they are sitting right in front of the stacks of cabinets on stage will suffer a temporary loss or ringing in their hearing.

My hearing has suffered from years of heavy equipment noise, I imagine within ten years I'll need hearing aids of some sort to at least keep the balance between my right and left ears.

Yes for all you younger folks, definitely protect your hearing, it is irreplaceable.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Ted Nugent or ZZ Top :heheh: My ears rang for weeks..

:grinthumb Yep, I think mine are still ringing....now will somebody answer that damn phone? :oyea:

:bow: I have seen Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin inside and yes they were two of loudest bands that I have ever seen and well worth the hearing loss!

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Worked security at both Who and Rolling Stones. The sound was fine in the back, but at the stage you felt the sound pressure with no real sound.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ted Nugent 1980. I saw Kiss 6 months earlier and my ears rang until the next morning. After Ted, I didn't have a ringing, but a very noticeable muffling for a couple of days. He was louder than hell during the Scream Dream tour. It probably didn't help that I saw him in a very small arena (Duluth Arena).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online