Top 10 albums of the past decade (according to Sweden Rock Magazine)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth:

IRON MAIDEN's 'A Matter Of Life And Death' Is Greatest Album Of Past Decade - June 1, 2011
The readers of Sweden Rock Magazine, the country's biggest-selling music magazine, have voted for the 50 greatest albums released in the past 10 years for the publication's 10-year-anniversary issue. The results show that Sweden is truly IRON MAIDEN country. Not only was "A Matter Of Life And Death" named the greatest album of the last decade, "Dance Of Death" came in at No. 2 and last year's "The Final Frontier" landed at No. 5.

"Wow, that's amazing," says IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris. "There have been polls before where we've had albums in top 20 or top 10, but never before top one and two. Three albums in the top five is outrageous."

The June issue of Sweden Rock Magazine is on sale on June 14. In addition to an exclusive interview with Harris, former DISSECTION guitarist Set Teitan breaks his silence about his time in DISSECTION and on the band's swan song "Reinkaos", which was named ninth greatest album of the past 10 years.

Top 10 albums 2001-2011 as voted by the readers of Sweden Rock Magazine:

01. IRON MAIDEN - "A Matter Of Life And Death"
02. IRON MAIDEN - "Dance Of Death"
03. GHOST - "Opus Eponymous"
04. METALLICA - "Death Magnetic"
05. IRON MAIDEN - "The Final Frontier"
06. AC/DC - "Black Ice"
07. WATAIN - "Lawless Darkness"
08. KISS - "Sonic Boom"
09. DISSECTION - "Reinkaos"
10. AVANTASIA - "The Metal Opera"

maidenmatter.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice to see Avantasia get a mention...I disagree with almost the entire list myself though.

Too much Maiden, and Black Ice and Death Magnetic are good, but nowhere near my picks of the last decade.:nw:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised to see Death Magnetic, The Final Frontier, and Black Ice on that list. There were quite a few other releases that were far better than those. Not a terrible list, but not one I agree with entirely.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I would go to Stockholm in a heartbeat myself.:heybaby:

I find it completely ironic considering how many good Scandinavian bands have been releasing top notch rock and roll/metal albums that their list is that bad.:bonk:

Mr. T

Reaction score
WOW!! All i can do is pretty much laugh at this. Avantasia... OK, I can see that but the rest is a joke IMO.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online