Tommy Emmanuel

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Not too well known outside of Australia as far as I'm aware, this is a thread to showcase the Aussie legend known as Tommy Emmanuel, who transends genres of pop, rock, blues, classical, folk, jazz and just about everything else.

Tommy Emmanuel began as an everyday pop guitarist, albeit a very good one, playing in 70's band Dragon, and performing with John Farnham.

Nowadays, he is a guitarist of the highest order, able to play extremely complicated finger picking songs with amazing ease. Many of his peers, including Eric Clapton, Chet Atkins, Les Paul and Joe Satriani all describe Emmanuel as the best guitarist they have ever seen, and between them, those four would have seen a few guitarists :heheh:

Anyway, here's a couple of vids:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dont be sad, Feldy. I am a guitarist freak......give me time to thoroughly check him out :) From what I have seen and heard so far, he is worthy of my String addiction blog.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Didn't even see this thread before now Feldy.

I'll give him a listen tomorrow...promise.:tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Wow...Tommy is definitely a virtuoso Feldy. I have no idea why he isn't known outside of Aus...has he ever left the continent to tour over here?

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Wow...Tommy is definitely a virtuoso Feldy. I have no idea why he isn't known outside of Aus...has he ever left the continent to tour over here?

Yeah, he has, but not extensively. He tours Europe quite often though, I believe.

He did do a highly acclaimed album with Chet Atkins out in America called "The Day Finger Pickers Took Over The World", which was Chet's last new release in his lifetime, I believe.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I will check my sources to see if I can find that album Feldy, but I think it's probably very rare, and out of print by now.

I like the cover, looks really good.:tup:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
If you can't find it, it is available at the iTunes store for $15

It's also a relatively recent release (well, '97 is recent in my books :tongue:) so it may still be around. Even had a Grammy award nomination in there. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If I can't find it I'll have Super Snoop (Magic) or some of my other friends see if they can find it.

I won't do business with i-tunes except as a last resort Feldy...just a personal philosophy I have about them, but thanks for letting me know.:tup:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I won't do business with i-tunes except as a last resort Feldy...just a personal philosophy I have about them, but thanks for letting me know.:tup:

Haha, yeah, I also don't like using iTunes unless I can't find it elsewhere, but it does seem to have an extensive library, and at least it can't go out of print that easily :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online