• Tom Scholz

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Neal Schon

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'd say Scholz. Schon may have flashes of brilliance scattered all over Journey's discography, Scholz has entire albums littered with brilliance.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Going with Neal Schon, I do think the first two Boston albums are good especially the debut, but after that Scholtz went into a coma or had a brain cramp either way Schon has simply done more quality music over his career.

Down the road music theologians might be speculating about how much more music Scholtz could have recorded if he wasn't such a butt munch in the studio.(Two good albums over 20+ years is not what I consider prolific or stellar for a talented musician.)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Neal Schon. Even the last Journey album is excellent!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
^ Actually, Cosmic didn't mention (or ask) who was the better guitarist - it was put - ''the men who actually run the bands, Tom Scholz and Neal Schon? Who do you think is better between the two of them?''

I took it as who was the better band leader?

I left it open to whatever sort of interpretation people wanted to make of it on purpose. ;)

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I loved Boston's debut album. It peaked at #3 on the Billboard 200. Journey's Escape was a #1 for the record.. It's not fair to Tom Scholz, although I do like him, to even mention him in the same breath as Neal Schon as a player. Schon's diversity may be unmatched and is proven by his body of work which is all over the place musically. I draw my opinion from having all of Boston's records, including live shows from the classic lineup. I have literally everything Neal Schon has played on including live shows with everybody he's played with. I also have been playing myself for well over 30 years. This is no contest!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online