Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Re: Thin Lizzy

I loved Brian Robertson, but if I had a time machine, I'd go see the Gary Moore line up. Black Rose might be my favorite record ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

Then again, Brian's solo on this version of "Still in Love With You" is a thing of true beauty.

Rocker440

Reaction score

A long time, dedicated Thin Lizzy follower/fan here! I might not go all they way back to their earliest days, recordings, but I was introduced to them at a fairly young age (one of their albums from the mid 1970's was a birthday gift :) ) and I've been rocking with many of their great songs ever since! :tup:

It would be nearly impossible for me to pick one song, or album as an only favorite, too. There are so many songs as well as albums that I dearly enjoy! And also with quite several special memories connected to them.

Phil Lynott is deeply missed! :rip: He was an extremely talented artist, imo! A great solid bass player, amazing songwriter and really revved up the crowds! Several outstanding, skilled and phenomenal guitarists both elevated every song, and also played for this band over the years. One of my all time favorite drummers is and always will be Brian Downey! :drummin: Man, this was a fantastic band!

A couple of great Thin Lizzy songs.

Cold Sweat (might want to adjust your speakers, as this one is loud!)

Dedication

:rock:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Wow nice to see the love and appreciation for Phil and the boys. Yeah there were a few different guitarists over the years, that's why I posted the line-up I'm most familiar with. If I do the individual albums then I will keep track of Who is playing on which record.;)

The only one missing from our Thin Lizzy party is MP...maybe he got lost and couldn't find this thread...:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I've seen the album before, and whenever you attach "Peel Sessions" it automatically gets respect.

Thanks GG I'll see if I can find a copy.:tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Great thread Lord!!! :bow:

You took my favorite song though, "Emerald" :wa: :heheh:

That tune is a jam! One of the first and finest swords and shields metal tune...with that celtic metal sound :cheers:

EPIC!!!

I have to add this!!!

:oy:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks for stopping by MP.:D

Emerald is a great song I agree...I always cranked that one up when it came on.:rock:

And Massacre aint half bad either...:guitar:

rtbuck

Reaction score

I was never a freak over the band but do like them. My favorite album is 'Chinatown' which has tons of great tunes besides the phenominal title track. Songs like Sweetheart, Sugar Blues, Killer on the Loose, & Having a Good Time are all great.
Of course I also like Jail Break, Live & Dangerous, & Black Rose but Chinatown is my favorite

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Nice list of albums you do like Bucky. I will always be partial to Jailbreak, it was my gateway record to Lizzy and I just love the variety on that one.:tup:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online