There will be no more Queen albums

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockmagazine.com

There won’t be any more new Queen albums.

With rumours circulating that Brian May and Roger Taylor were putting together a new album, with unfinished Freddie Mercury tracks, the drummer told Pulse Of Radio:

“I’ve got to tell you, there won’t be an album. There’s just not enough, and the last thing I want to do is have a sort of barrel-scraping exercise. But there’s a couple of great tracks that Freddie recorded with Michael Jackson that Brian and I are working on and they are good. So at some point they will surface; I think when we feel it’s a good moment. I don’t really want to ride any sort of wave there. So that’s an interesting thing, but that will be probably next year.”

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've never been a huge fan of releasing below standard material from bands that have either lost members or are no longer active. There is usually a damned good reason those songs never made it to market, and I am glad Roger and Brian are on top of things to protect Queen and Freddie's legacy.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I actually would like to see them release the material Freddie recorded with Michael Jackson........but of course this would mean another "compilation" album with bonus tracks........

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
No more Queen albums, but that's okay, we will release tons of greatest hits compilations.

Duh!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I blame the management/label as much as the artists for that phenomenon...as long as they own the rights to the albums and there's money to be made they'll keep lobbing these "Remasters", "Bonus Edtion", "Collector's Box Set"...and on and on and on.

What I would love to see done now, is them Stop reissuing remasters period, give us Remixed true upgraded analog mastertapes transferred to Blu-Ray, now those would open a whole new door for Hi Fidelity using the best possible digital format we have right now.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Brian, Roger - come on, release your solo albums already! You are cool authors and performers of songs!:bonk:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
^^I blame the management/label as much as the artists for that phenomenon...as long as they own the rights to the albums and there's money to be made they'll keep lobbing these "Remasters", "Bonus Edtion", "Collector's Box Set"...and on and on and on.

If I'm not mistaken I think Queen switched record label or the rights to the their music or something like that only a couple years ago so whoever has their hands on their catalog now is trying to squeeze their share of money out of it.

I would like to hear the demos and unreleased tracks. With as well produced and intricate as Queen's songs are I'd like to hear them in their earlier versions, BUT I don't want it to be a big hairy deal like every new Hendrix album. It should be something for more dedicated fans and not treated like a "new" Queen album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You might be right Cosmic, unless the surviving band members retain or Obtain control of their songs/albums then we end up with an endless number of compilations/remasters.

I just don't have a lot of interest in material that never was thought good enough by the band themselves that is tacked on to generate "buzz" among hardcore fans.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think (I'm not sure) that Roger, Brian, and John still collect royalties for their songs but their distribution rights are at least not entirely theirs.

Their are certain artists where I wouldn't be interested in it either, LG. With Queen however I'd like to hear their unreleased ones, b-sides, and the more naked or stripped down demos all on one album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe they should do what some bands lately have been doing, release a full b-sides album. I like when bands release on an album their b-sides, demos etc
I like to think there are hidden gems of songs in lots of bands archives.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.