The Zoo vs. Livin' on a Prayer

The Zoo vs. Livin' on a Prayer

• I like both songs, equally!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I'm a long time Scorpions fan who favors the Ulrich Roth period. I do like some of the post Roth stuff but this particular song is repetitious and kind of boring.
Had to go with Livin' On A Prayer

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
The Zoo. I never liked Bongiovi as they showed how bland and insipid heavy rock had become in the eighties. Incredibly, they were signed to Mercury by Derek Shulman of Gentle Giant!

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Bon Jovi - there's a reason it's become one of the most famous rock anthems in history, though to be fair I never heard that Scorpions track until like 5 minutes ago. I like to think the success of 'Livin on a Prayer' has got something to do with that weird thing the guitarist does with a length of plastic tube attached from his mouth to the microphone, I don't know why more bands don't use that, I think the only other times I've heard it was Joe Walsh who used to have one, and Peter Frampton on that epic 15 minute version of 'Do You Feel Like We Do' on the Frampton Comes Alive album...though I wouldn't want to be the roadie whose job it is to clean out all the saliva from the tube after every gig.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I feel ashamed to be a part of the same human race as those who like Bon Jovi over Scorpions.

Agreed. The Zoo is not one of my fave Scorpions songs but it's a hell of a lot better than Bon Blow-me.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Really? Thought it was a joke poll at first. But people are actually voting for that Jovi jingle?

Ummm....The Zoo

Khor1255

Reaction score
Bon Jovi - there's a reason it's become one of the most famous rock anthems in history, though to be fair I never heard that Scorpions track until like 5 minutes ago. I like to think the success of 'Livin on a Prayer' has got something to do with that weird thing the guitarist does with a length of plastic tube attached from his mouth to the microphone, I don't know why more bands don't use that, I think the only other times I've heard it was Joe Walsh who used to have one, and Peter Frampton on that epic 15 minute version of 'Do You Feel Like We Do' on the Frampton Comes Alive album...though I wouldn't want to be the roadie whose job it is to clean out all the saliva from the tube after every gig.
I wasn't aware of talkbox guitar being used in the Jovi track. It's been a while since I heard it (thank God) but are you sure you aren't talking about the talkbox in The Zoo?

Not really a fan of how Mattius Jabbs uses it there but at least it isn't too overdone and it is an allright song by a kick ass band.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online