The Zoo vs. Livin' on a Prayer

The Zoo vs. Livin' on a Prayer

• I like both songs, equally!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of talkbox guitar being used in the Jovi track. It's been a while since I heard it (thank God) but are you sure you aren't talking about the talkbox in The Zoo?

No I'm not talking about the Zoo...then what is making that noise that dominates the whole riff from the very start of the Bon Jovi? Sounds exactly the same as talkbox guitar (I didn't even know it was called that, sounds a lot better and more scientific than rubber-tube out of the mouth!)

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
The first time I saw the tube in the mouth thing was back in the early sixties.
It was used by the country music pedal steel guitarist Pete Drake. He was billed as "Pete Drake and his talking steel guitar". He was very popular on the country music shows that my parents watched. As far as I know, he developed this technique.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
My vote on this poll was based on one song against another and not one band against another.
I've been a fan of Scorpions since Lonesome Crow and think that Tokyo Tapes is just a notch below Strangers In The Night. I was lucky enough to get a US copy of Lovedrive before the cover was banned.
At the same time I own no Bon Jovi albums at all but have heard a few songs I like and The Zoo is my least favorite song by the Scorpions.
I'm a Beatles fan but if someone started a poll with Octopus's Garden against anything, I would vote for anything.

Khor1255

Reaction score
No I'm not talking about the Zoo...then what is making that noise that dominates the whole riff from the very start of the Bon Jovi? Sounds exactly the same as talkbox guitar (I didn't even know it was called that, sounds a lot better and more scientific than rubber-tube out of the mouth!)
No, you were right man. I totally forgot the guitar. All I remember of the song was the nails on the chalkboard vocals and cheesy Oprahesque storyline.

Yeah, the entire rythm is dominated by talk box.
Wah du da u wha du dah u (ad nauseum)

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Two bands I don;t listen to but I chose Livin On A Prayer because the Scorpion song was really boring with no melody to speak of.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online