The Who (Official Thread)

Hose Head

I am Canadian & I say Eh.
Reaction score
I love this band. Pete Townshend is just a song writing and guitar playing genius. Keith Moon was an Animal on the drums they even had to make a Muppet after him. :) John Entwistle keep it so together with his smooth bass lines. And Roger Daltrey is a great front man with a great voice and I love how he flipped the Microphone around all the time. My favourite song by them is Pictures Of Lily.

Cuddly Toy

Lover of Margaritas
Reaction score
Tommy is one of the best musical creation ever followed closely by Quadrophenia. These guys also really looked like they could put on a fantastic live show. Unfortunately I never got to experience them live except on video.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
eberg15101 said:
I'm not a big fan, but I do like Tommy, Live At Leads, actually a later one--Face Dances, and the occasional single... like Squeeze Box and one or two others....
My favourite is WHOS NEXT (1971) (I have that on 8 track as well as the original DECCA record) from them and I like thier QUADROPHENIA concept album also in 1973 (I have the original 2 track records (Not Quad))

I also have a cassette of thier 1981 album "Faces Dances" and thats good also......

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
It amazes me HOW GOOD thier 1981 album (Face dances) is but the last album they did in 1982 was not that good @ all! (Its hard)

I found it last week @ salvation army and got it and I only really liked maybe 2 or 3 songs....... The 1981 album I LOVE EVERY SONG!!!!! (I have that on cassette)

I since read thier record company forced them to release ITS HARD..... They didnt want to I guess..... Anyone know if thats why they didnt make anymore after 1982? (No more analog material anyway) until 2006?

Brad Gordon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have an interesting question to ask regarding The Who at the Isle of Wight performing My Generation. Does anyone know what Keith Moon's medallion says pinned to his shirt? It is more visible during the drumming solo at the end of the song. I went frame by frame trying to read the inscription, but I cannot focus in. Let me know, thanks

E-Z

Reaction score
Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey showed up on the London early evening local television news yesterday Tuesday 19th November after being filmed earlier in the day both in Camden Town in north London to give a very brief interview on the opening of "The Camden Town Walk of Fame" to celebrate the areas connection with rock music with the 'Roundhouse' music venue being only a few hundred yards along Chalk Farm road beyond Camden Lock market plus a number of bands and artists that are or were associated with the Camden Town area such as The Clash, Madness, Amy Winehouse and The Who themselves. A engraved Who paving stone was laid outside Camden Town tube (underground) station the first of several to be laid.

The Camden Town area in north London along with the nearby Camden market is a major tourist attraction area especially during the weekends with many thousands of tourists thronging the areas market along with it's small number of restaurants, pubs and bars also the area has small number of music venues such as the Jazz Club, the Electric ballroom and the Camden Pally.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Last saw The Who in Dublin, ten or so years ago...still quite spectacular..and the first time at Charlton's Ground with our kid....summat special was that.

Let's See Action.

Bargain.
As practically a life-long Stones fan..only The Who seem to register with me...in terms of Youth Anthems....

E-Z

Reaction score
I have been re-watching The Who live at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970 again and they were f*****g EXCELLENT!!.

Couldn't take my eyes off Keith most of the time and his drumming and Pete had a style all of his own plenty of scissor kicks and arm windmills along with Roger aka Tommy twirling the mic and looking every bit like a 'rock god' with only John aka The Ox just standing stock still watching both Moon & Townshend.

Possibly underrated Who songs that worked well in a live concert setting both Water & Naked Eye.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online