The Ultimate Question.. WHO IS THE GREATEST ROCK BAND OF THE 70'S?

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
I can't choose between Queen, Deep Purple MK II, Rainbow (with Dio) and UFO. For me this is a four best bands in that decade.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Electric Light Orchestra

I am a little surprised that in 7 years of this thread's existence that not one member has even brought up ELO!

Khor1255

Reaction score
Impossible for me to answer. It's like choosing which vital internal organ is your favorite. I really tried but I can't forgo my kidneys to make room for my lungs etc.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Impossible for me to answer. It's like choosing which vital internal organ is your favorite. I really tried but I can't forgo my kidneys to make room for my lungs etc.

Nicely stated.

The 70's is what I consider the gold mine of music. There are so many prolific bands to choose from, and so many bands that have easily stood the test of time. It is indeed very difficult to choose "The Greatest Band" without some bias.

At some point, I would have to put The Who in the list of top bands from the 70's. The Who is the only band, besides Led Zeppelin, who could get on stage and jam for more than 10 minutes to "My Generation" and still excite audiences 30+ years later with the same jam session.

Bocephus

Reaction score
That list seems fair, although, I would put Led Zeppelin as #1 with Aerosmith behind them in the #2 slot. :)

Yeah Led Zeppelin would be my number 1 70's band if you could include their first 2 albums which were released in 1969.
If i were to loosen my definition of the 70's era to include one year either side (1969 - 1980), Led Zeppelin would probably come out on top.:)

The 70's was a great decade for bands and solo artists alike.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Love for the brain and The Clash in the same reply? Thank you internet.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am amazed someone dusted this old thread off...:heheh:

I can't possibly answer this question but it wouldn't surprise me if in an Official poll Led Zeppelin was named the best band of the 70's.(I wouldn't say that myself though.:nw:)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I think MP's polls burned you out on Zeppelin LG. :D

I'd say they're right up there at the top, but maybe I'm a little biased. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online