The Tragically Hip Thread

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Well, I just learned of a song by them I've never heard before. New Orleans is Sinking is definitely a cool tune. Definitely dig the music, especially the guitar tracks.

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Downie joins Bluesfest

By JAMES REANEY, THE LONDON FREE PRESS

Last Updated: February 22, 2010 10:33pm

Colourful Tragically Hip frontman Gord Downie blue this summer.

Downie is flying solo at Bluesfest London 2010's closer. He'll play at the fest's temporary concert site at King and Clarence in downtown London on July 18.

That makes London a July destination for Downie two years in a row. The Hip headlined at Rock the Park VI in the summer of 2009 at Harris Park.

ecisgod

Reaction score
I'm a huge Tragically Hip fan and I have been for a very long time. I have seen them live 21 times spanning from the 2nd album tour - the last tour !!

Where do I start...Gord Downie is an exceptional writer and sometimes that is one of the first things that will attract me to a band or musician. The second thing that will attract me to a band would be how good do they sound live ?? Well I have seen quite a few bands live (unfortunately never saw (Led Zeppelin,Jimi Hendrix,Duane Allman,Janis Joplin,Jim Morrison and others). Gord Downie is the ultimate front man that can send shivers down your back with a short story before, during or after a song (see highway girl live double suicide !! Great story and pure magic IMO. I have seen them live all over canada in stadiums,arenas, and outdoor events. I have also seen them in the US (once in Toledo @ a Zoo and Cleveland in a small bar, I believe called the Odeon). The tragically hip are a talented rock band, but not Cream,Led Zeppelin or Beatles talented but they are extremely great to see live and anyone who likes rock n roll and great stories would not be upset or not impressed IMO. For people who want to open their ears and give them a chance I suggest the following tunes to start with....

Highway Girl (especially Double Suicide live version noted above)
38yrs Old
Blow at high dough
When the weight comes down
Boots and Hearts
Fiddlers Green
Last of the unplucked gems
The Luxury
On the verge
Fully Completely - literally the album "fully and completely" 1st track to the last
An inch an hour
Grace too
Nautical Disaster
Thugs
Lets stay engaged
Don't wake daddy
Ahead by a century
Bobcaygeon
Emperor Penguin
Escape is at hand for the travellin man
Poets
Something On
Music @ Work
Forest Edge
Problem Bears
Dark Canuck
Darkest One
It's a good life if you don't weaken
Silver Jet
Yer not the ocean
In view
Family Band
World Container
Love is a first
Depression Suite
Morning Moon
Summers killing us
Gus the polar Bear
Vaccination Scar
It can't be Nashville everynight
and finally are we family

Gord Downie likes to write about Canada,water,war,hockey and generally history of all forms and types....enjoy !

ecisgod

Reaction score
Another favourite ...

I challenge any music fan to listen to this song and not enjoy....

"Til the men they couldn't hang
Stepped to the mic and sang
And their voices rang with that Aryan twang"

:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online