The Tragically Hip Thread

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Tragically Hip Appreciation Thread

Might not be shocking but the last song is the one I know the best...New Orleans is Sinking.

In retrospect they were right on the money about that one...:think:

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score
One of my favorite bands (and yes I am Canadian). I have been lucky to see them several times in the USA in tiny clubs. A few of my favorites that haven't been mentioned yet:

Locked in the Trunk of Car

Grace, Too

Wheat Kings

Blow at High Dough

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
I have missed this band completely,,,for some reason I just never connected with the Hip, and I am a rabid supporter of most Canadian artists...I think I might have to catch up.

Anyone recommend the Best album to start with, and not the greatest hits or any other compilation please.

You know, I'm usually not a fan of "Greatest Hits" records either, but Yer Favorites is actually well chosen and sequenced. I find myself listening to it more than the individual records. And I have most of them.

200px-Yer_Favourites.jpg

rtbuck

Reaction score
Awesome write up Flower! I'm not a Tragically Hip freak but I do like them. My favorite album is actually their first album/EP. I love everyone of those 8 tunes especially the 2nd half of the album. I'm a Werewolf Baby is a great halloween song & I just love the singing on All-Canadian Surf Club. Highway Girl is my favorite track off of the album but nothing tops the Double Suicide version of it that has made its rounds on Canadian Radio. Of course I'm a fan of Road Apples but I really love Fully Completely especially "Fifty Mission Cap" (seeing I am a hockey Nostalgia freak)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepaul

Members online