The SWEET (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Sweet

I saw them years ago opening for Pat Travers. Had to be late 70's. Not sure who was in the band but I remember it was quite entertaining with quite a few really good songs. Love is Like Oxygen, Fox on the Run, & Ballroom Blitz are all great songs.

Psst...Sweet opened for Journey on their 'Evolution' tour in 1979 when we saw them at Shea's Theater but right around the same time & almost the same seats we seen Pat Travers open for AC/DC there :cheers2 As far as the band I think Brian Connolly was gone from the band at that time & I think Steve Priest handled the vocals. They were great that night & for some reason I remember being blown away by Mick Tucker's drum solo & that was at a time when I got bored with drum solos.

Sweet is great & probably my favorite song by them is "No You Don't"

Spankymadoo

Reaction score

Psst...Sweet opened for Journey on their 'Evolution' tour in 1979 when we saw them at Shea's Theater but right around the same time & almost the same seats we seen Pat Travers open for AC/DC there :cheers2 As far as the band I think Brian Connolly was gone from the band at that time & I think Steve Priest handled the vocals. They were great that night & for some reason I remember being blown away by Mick Tucker's drum solo & that was at a time when I got bored with drum solos.

Sweet is great & probably my favorite song by them is "No You Don't"

OOPS!! Sorry, my memory is not quite as good as yours is. Either way though it was a great show :df:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

yay!!! i found the track "cockroach"....listen to this rockers....its as good and heavy as Deep Purple :grinthumb

Cockroach

Last edited by a moderator:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

THE SWEETs debut single in the psychedelic sixties :D

Slow Motion

love them shirts guys....im serious :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score