The Stranglers (Official Thread)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Re: The Stranglers

Funnily enough I was listening to two of the Stranglers albums yesterday - Aural Sculpture and Strangler In The Night. Always liked their music.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

I'm glad I found some Stranglers fans. When I initially started this thread I also started another thread in the Song Vs Song category, I wanted to see if there was anyone who would pick "Always The Sun" from the Stranglers against The Beatles "Here Comes The Sun". I know, I know, it was a stupid move because it's always going to be difficult to beat "Here Comes The Sun" in the battle of the Sun songs! :wtf: Or perhaps I should of used "I'll Follow The Sun" from the Beatles instead - might of had more chance picking up some votes for "Always The Sun". Initially I thought it would be interesting to pin a great Stranglers song against a Beatles song - it was a big mistake, sorry guys! :wtf:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

1987's "Always The Sun" was their most successful (and commercial) single, but I always liked their quirkier hits from the early 80's that were big on the local New Wave station out here. Kinda surprised no one has mentioned them.

Hanging Around

The Man They Love To Hate

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I saw Hugh Cornwell a few years ago and he was fantastic, he had a woman on bass who was electric.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

i always liked THE STRANGLERS...apart from the odd single..ive only just purchased my 1st album "the raven"....Legendary dj John Peel always played them in their heydey

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online