The Soft Moon [Official thread]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Official Website

THE SOFT MOON are an American post/punk inspired band from Oakland. Formed originally as a solo project in 2009 around the talents of singer/guitarist Luis Vasquez. Their music is suitable for ...Apocalyptic soundtracks ! Think of Joy Division, early Cure, add a bit of repetitive industrial style of say...Cabaret Voltaire,Chrome,Killing Joke etc to give you an idea what they sound like.
"Live" THE SOFT MOON are very visual using light shows/images , they are currently on a European tour with 2 UK dates

THE SOFT MOON Discography

The Soft Moon 2010
Total Decay 2011
Zeros 2012

Last edited by a moderator:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Circles and Tiny Spiders put me in the mind of some Pink Floyd from Wish You Were Here or The Wall.

Dead Love (at room 205) is definitely a shoot from The Cure, or any one of a number of post-apocalyptic sounding bands from the mid 80s.

I listened a good chunk of each song, and it's not bad. Not what I would buy, though.

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
I've listened to some of their song, thanks to the thread where we rate songs.
Well, I really like them genre and style.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good to see THE SOFT MOON getting some comments . Yes Vehicle...I agree, with the Floyd connection not just in some of their "sounds" but also in the "Trippy psychedelic light shows" which also played a big part in early Floyd days
I do agree with the reviewer in the video THE SOFT MOON ...do really need to settle down and write" songs", but I think the band have great potential

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
The Soft Moon return with a brand new album "Deeper" and tour .I am hoping to get to see them in Leeds soon.
This track stands out....:grinthumb

Wasting

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I keep missing this band ! New year resolution to see THE SOFT MOON hopefully this year if they tour here :bonk:
Sad to hear that KILLING JOKE pulled out of their US tour as The Soft Moon were support and it would have made them new fans

Heres 2 tracks to saviour......straight out of a horror movie !.....PLAY LOUD !

Being/ Sewer sickness

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Horrible news ! Last night THE SOFT MOON played Oakland CA , played well. but when they got back to the van it had been ransacked'
Stolen were a Moog synth,clothes,merchandise, Fender strat guitar, effect pedals, luggage, cds,records etc. Thousands of dollars in value.

This is awful and one of the major pitfalls of being in a band, something like this could finish a good group before it started but THE SOFT MOON are carrying on the tour.
Lets hope the culprits are caught

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.