• Joan Jett (solo)

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Lita Ford (solo)

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Joan Jett, Bucky converted me to the cause ages ago.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It's Joan for me too but Lita is supposed to be putting out a new album soon and that certainly has my attention, especially since Joan hasn't put out an album in a bit. ;)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
It's Joan for me too but Lita is supposed to be putting out a new album soon and that certainly has my attention, especially since Joan hasn't put out an album in a bit. ;)
Yeah, Lita is supposed to have something out this year. not sure exactly when.

I just hope it isn't as full of cheesy lyrics as the last one that she did with that dork of a husband Jim Gillette. The guy just oozes "trailer trash" to me. Liked some of the Nitro stuff in the 80's, but in the last 10 yrs or so.. bleh. I guess they are currently separated, so, hopefully she lives back up to the sort of stuff she used to do.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
^^^ Yep I agree on all of that. :grinthumb "Lita" is the only album I own of Miss Ford's but I am familiar with a good share of her other stuff and if she's going to do an album then I want the attitude of "Dangerous Curves" personally. ;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I haven't heard all of it so I can't say for sure...but from what I sampled on line Lita's last album with hubby Jim sounded pretty annoying. Anyone else heard it?

First thing that came to mind was he was like a male version of Yoko Ono for this record.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I haven't heard all of it so I can't say for sure...but from what I sampled on line Lita's last album with hubby Jim sounded pretty annoying. Anyone else heard it?

First thing that came to mind was he was like a male version of Yoko Ono for this record.
I've heard most of it. It's the only Lita album that I do not own. This was one instance where youtube and other online vid sites kept me from wasting money. Some songs aren't that bad, but Jim is horrible. You'd never know it was the same Jim that was in Nitro. Also the lyrics are really flakey. I mean, nothing different than what some other bands did back in the 80's, but that was the 80's. I didn't expect some of that crap to come out of a Lita album, but I do blame Jim for a lot of it. Musically, it's not a terrible album, just his vocals and the lyrics got to me. I'm sure someday, I'll end up getting it anyway, but I'm in no hurry.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah to me it seemed like Jim had a huge influence on it. Maybe Lita felt bad for her spouse and said...yeah we'll get your name back up there. Let's do an album together.

She should have watched Star Is Born with Kristofferson/Streisand.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
The Runaways for me. I was 11 when they came on the scene and my hormones were raging so I really took notice of them. I love the "Live in Japan" album and after all these years I still have a bit of a crush on Jackie Fox.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Staff online

Members online