The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
I picked up that Jamming with Edward cd/album about 4-5 months ago which I previously had on cd about 14-15 years ago.

Features Mick, Bill, Charlie, Nicky Hopkins & Ry Cooder and dates from a late night jam session in London in late 1969.

E-Z

Reaction score
Monkey Man probably a slightly dubious title in the 2000s but leaving that aside it's not a bad song although to Mick and Keith it may have been just a 'throwaway song' to fill out the Let It Bleed album?.

Last edited:

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
Monkey Man probably a slightly dubious title in the 2000s but leaving that aside it's not a bad song although to Mick and Keith it may have been just a 'throwaway song' to fill out the Let It Bleed album?.
I didn't think of it like that. Toots and The Maytals always comes to mind when I see Monkey Man named tracks. Few throwaway fillers on that album too I think isn't there.

E-Z

Reaction score
I didn't think of it like that. Toots and The Maytals always comes to mind when I see Monkey Man named tracks. Few throwaway fillers on that album too I think isn't there.
Regarding Monkey Man as a 'filler track' as I said it was but maybe it wasn't or isn't a filler track but it's on a album (Let It Bleed) that already has a number of strong songs on it.

Nai is a Stones fan so he would know what the track was in relation to all the other material that the band turned out.

Frands

Reaction score

At one of their 2 concerts in Denmark 1965 there was a big drama during a rehearsal:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rolling-stones-shocked/

ueld-3.jpg

36ebb4a6d00148bfaa57ae2bcca67f46

E-Z

Reaction score
Stray Cat Blues is a good Stones song although I prefer the Johnny Winter version from Johnny's Still Alive And Well album from 1973 but having said that the Stones version is still enjoyable to listen to.

In the live version recorded at Madison Square in November 1969 Mick changes the age of the young 'girl' from 15 to 13 singing "I know your only 13 years old but I don't want your I.D." which probably raises a few eye brows in todays world?.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.