The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I've mentioned this maybe before?
The Glimmer Twins nicked "It's Only Rock n Roll" off of Ronnie and fobbed him off with "I Can Feel The Fire".... Charlie (gracious as ever) left Kenney Jones 's drumming on... even at the final stage at Musicland in Munich (Charlie a total gent left' in' Jimmy Miller's cowbell and kick in "H.onky Tonk Woman" and the drum drop in "You Can't Always Get What You Want")
[Watch til' the end how Keith disrespects a fellow player.]

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hackney Diamonds,released October 20, 2023

IMG_0470.jpeg

Angry

Sweet Sounds of Heaven ft. Lady Gaga & Stevie Wonder :tup:

Full Album

( this album is really good, IMO)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree Magic, the best in many years... Very long overdue. They gigged last night in NYC - and seemed pretty sharp.
Yes! A surprise gig, Too!

here is a small clip of the beautiful & soulfully sung Sweet Sounds of Heaven…..from last nights gig. They looked like they were having a lot of fun.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
OK, so I've played the new Stones album all day today, the vinyl version sounds better than the CD... the compression is just a thing I like. Off the bat-the cover is unremarkable (I'm treating this as a last album) and could have been so much better. You can tell it's been cut with everyone playing together in the studio (with some overdubs)
What comes over is they are having a good time and the producer has done a fine job. The spontaneity shows(especially mick shouting at Paul) on Bite Your Head Off-and the fuzz bass is fun. At the moment I'm not bowled over by it... it's definitely not whacked me in the chops(I'll come back in 3 months) and update my feelings. Essentially I'm seeing this release as maybe a close of a genesis, certainly i feel it's their last studio full album. The fact that they've guested Bill, Paul, Elton and Ga Ga underpins this.
I've based my opines on collecting, writing, listening and talking about them since 1973.
This is the only track i have a real gud' feeling about (like in the car, on a mix tape etc..)
Whole Wide World.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I've cracked it, the reason I can't get on with this new album, as Charlie is no more.. the synch is different, up until this album, the drummer came in seconds after Keith... now it sounds like Jordon leads. Thus sounding like The Xpensive Winos... A Waddy Wachtel sound even!
Sorry to piss on Hackneys chips,i'm Looking forward to outtakes and the 'leaking' of the eleven songs that didn't grace this one.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online