The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Yeah, the colourised version is the shizz, nice post doswizard!
I think Keith's inginuity in laying a rhythm down on a Bush portable cassette player and then feeding it through studio amps was genius! (drugs inspire like that at first, but then take over and one becomes stagnant and dependant).. Anyways - best song about a gardener ever!

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
J. Geils Band and Black Uhuru supported the Stones at some British gigs I saw in '81.
Jaggers birthday at the old Wembley Stadium was cool.
I took my Daughter to see them in Dublin a few years back... Atrocious is the only word!
Terrible keys the songs were in to fit Mick's voice... their keyboard player seems to be some sort of impresario when live.
I'd shelled out 400 bucks a piece for these 'Meet N Greet' deal tickets (Charlie was an absolute darlin!)
That was the only thing I liked that night.
I've seen the Stones many times and in small clubs... Which truly is what they are suited to.
The long awaited album apparently has Bill and Macca on it.
I hope I didn't appear totally critical of the Stones... but in terms of live stadium gigs.. (back off boys!)
On a personal level they've influenced me greatly, in literature, art and other musics.
At the last count I've 7 copies of Let It Bleed.
It's the original Mono/Stereo versions I treasure (they even credit Jock for making the studio tea!)
The cake was baked by a then cookery student who found fame as a TV chef(Delia Smith).. the bike wheel, clock dial and pizza were sourced right near the photographers studio...
Clean vid and version here-
Gimme Shelter.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
This takes me back to King Biscuit times -
.... really enjoyed the band when Keith and Ron used to tune the Strat or Ted Numan between songs.... this in turn gave room for Jagger to have banter.
Only saw them once in the States... this version from Memphis is a stinger... Mick used to curse a lot on this and the extended live version of Beast Of Burden... the Dartford drawl picks out swearing perfectly.
This for E-Z...
Shattered.

E-Z

Reaction score
This takes me back to King Biscuit times -
.... really enjoyed the band when Keith and Ron used to tune the Strat or Ted Numan between songs.... this in turn gave room for Jagger to have banter.
Only saw them once in the States... this version from Memphis is a stinger... Mick used to curse a lot on this and the extended live version of Beast Of Burden... the Dartford drawl picks out swearing perfectly.
This for E-Z...
Shattered.
Thanks Ian. I saw a LARGE Hackney Diamonds poster on the London Underground or for my American cousins 'the subway' yesterday Friday and underneath the main picture of the album cover it read "The best Rolling Stones album since 1978" so since Some Girls back in 1978

E-Z

Reaction score
Keith Richards appeared on BBC radio 4 throughout the UK this morning (Tuesday 10th October 2023) and was featured in a 5 or 6 minutes pre-recorded interview between 7:40-7:46 am London time that took place a day or two ago and in it several issues were mentioned including Keith's guitar playing where Keith told the interviewer that "Every one remembers guitar riffs but not guitar solos" and with regards to his own guitar playing Keith said his fingers and hands have arthritis in them these days but he blots out the discomfort when he's playing and also the new album (Hackney Diamonds) was recorded nearly straight after coming off the road because the band was "well oiled" by then with the interviewer remarking that the new album sounds like many of the songs on it can be played 'live' and Keith replied yes and they wanted to capture a 'live sound' in the studio and on record, also he told the interviewer that he prefers listening to 'vinyl records' every time as opposed to digital recordings and when asked by the interviewer how long will 'the Stones go on for' Keith replied "I am not Nostradamus but obviously it will finish one day but all the band are currently in good health and they want to tour next year in 2024" so there you have it.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I've actually ceased the old hero worship of the likes of Keith, what has emerged over the last three years is just how big Keith's ego is... He throws his toys out his stroller if Mick is too loud on 'When the whip comes Down' etc... Plus in my opinion his blatent rubber stamping of Jordan taking the stool. They should split. Don't even get me started on the abuse and 'penned in' Ron Wood.... who has tons of talent(check his prolific work of late with Emelda May)... in a small London pub!
And his artwork and gallery shows to boot! (I think the human riff is miffed at his extra - curricular.)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online

No members online now.