The reunion we have all been waiting for is gonna happen at the Olympics closing...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The reunion we have all been waiting for is gonna happen at the Olympics closing.

^^Hard to express how little that moved me, certainly not enough to bother watching the closing ceremonies.

Are the Spice Girls even relevant anymore?

Berserker

Reaction score
Re: The reunion we have all been waiting for is gonna happen at the Olympics closing.

haha, they never were, unless you find yourself asking, what does a girl want?

Cinder

Reaction score

Lol 70s Guy, Im not sure its a reunion Ive been waiting for but its certainly one I cant wait to see. I just hope they ALL sing LIVE :D

LG if the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics is anything as awesome as the Opening Ceremony then I would definately advise a watch.

Im still in awe of how they managed to transform all the scenery like they did, my only regret is that I didnt record it - hope they put it on "You Tube" I did look at the start of the Olypmics and there wasnt the footage I was after but not looked since.

Ive only watched a few of the events but enjoyed what I have watched - particularly the Horse Trials\Dressage very impressed :D

Attachments

• 591492-london-olympics-2012.jpg
    591492-london-olympics-2012.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 63

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score

Pink Floyd are supposed to be doing it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Lol 70s Guy, Im not sure its a reunion Ive been waiting for but its certainly one I cant wait to see. I just hope they ALL sing LIVE :D

LG if the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics is anything as awesome as the Opening Ceremony then I would definately advise a watch.

Im still in awe of how they managed to transform all the scenery like they did, my only regret is that I didnt record it - hope they put it on "You Tube" I did look at the start of the Olypmics and there wasnt the footage I was after but not looked since.

Ive only watched a few of the events but enjoyed what I have watched - particularly the Horse Trials\Dressage very impressed :D

Hello my Dear, nice to see you again.:)

But I have no interest in the Olympics at all anymore Cinder, it is just toooooo much nowadays.

However I did hope that you lot put on a good games and so far I think Britain has done an excellent job with everything.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

It will be quite a show, the Opening Ceremony was mind-bogglingly incredible, a lot of our US friends didn't get all the British cultural references, but they didn't seem to mind it at all as it was just such ear and eye candy. The Closing looks more like a straight Best of British Music Extravaganza, I don't own a single record of theirs, but a Spice Girls reunion would be a huge event musically/globally, as much as an Abba reunion would be, due to the fact they were the biggest thing on the planet for several years, the Waters/Floyd thing probably won't happen despite the rumours, and they DEFINITELY aren't relevant since they haven't made a record together for 30 years (The Final Cut)... and even that was a Roger Waters solo album in all but name !!!! There's talk of The Who being involved, which would be fantastic, along with a multitude of 'pop' types like Adele and George Michael, oh, and the (IMO) awful Muse, with their pseudo Queen/Radiohead impersonation tribute act. Probably a few surprise acts too. I suppose Paul McCartney will be there yet again too, it's getting boring much as I love the guy, he did the Queen's Jubilee gig, then the Olympics opening Ceremony, and now this, I can only take so much of 'Hey Jude' before I put my foot through the screen and I end up lying awake all night tossing and turning with bloody "Naaaaa, naaa, naaa, na na na naaaaaaaaaaa, na na na naaaaaaa" playing on a loop inside my brain.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score

A celebration of British music from the last 50 years. I bet they didn't think to ask Maiden or Sabbath to make an appearance.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score

Is Mannequin Spice gonna be there?

7760046086_330275a7cc.jpg

Seriously, you could've put their name in the title and saved me the time of actually opening the thread.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online