The return of...Jeff Lynne

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I am not a fan of remixing, remastering or re-recording. As stated by others here, these are just attempts to make a little money without coming up with something new.
These reworked versions almost always pale in comparison to the original so who wants that?
I had a similar situation with "Love Stories & Other Musings" by Candlebox (don't get me started on the cardboard cover).
The CD included five bonus tracks of well known songs that were "newly re-recorded".
They were bland, generic and didn't have the edge that the originals had.
Like I said, who wants that?

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have listened to the clips and it sounds good, I will probably buy it, will give the ELO a listen but probably not buy, wish they would re-release his early album again!!

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Finally some good news, hey, METALPRIEST and other fans here, Jeff Lynne just gave us a call!

:cool:

The GRAMMY Museum® :: Public Program :: Reel to Reel: Mr. Blue Sky: The Story of Jeff Lynne and ELO

Jeff Lynne was waiting for the debut screening of "Mr. Blue Sky: The Story of Jeff Lynne and ELO" to drop a little surprise on last night's Grammy Museum audience during the Q&A that followed the film.

The moderator, Scott Goldman, Vice President of the GRAMMY Foundation and MusiCares, was chatting with Jeff about his new albums. He asked Jeff to confirm that they would be out the first week of October. Jeff replied that there are three albums: Long Wave and Mr. Blue Sky, coming out in October of this year, and (paraphrasing) the third one, an album of new songs, would be out in 2013. He told the audience that he had finished eight tracks so far.

Lots of applause and cheering from everyone in the theater, as you can imagine. And quite a few stunned, smiling faces.

Source: Showdown, the official internet mailing list for ELO and related artists

:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
TrekkiELO...I'm pretty excited about seeing this movie!!!

Thanks for the good news!!! :grinthumb :woot:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online