1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Orange Humble Band

Discussion in '90's Music' started by eberg15101, Apr 4, 2010.

1. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

Formed in 1995, the idea for the group came from The Lime Spiders & The Someloves founder, Daryl Mather. The band consisted of Ken Stringfellow of The Posies, and formerly The Lonely Hearts, Anthony Bautovich, Mitch Easter, and Mather.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just found them recently on a blog I like, he posts up albums and such from bands, you may know it, Powerpopcriminals... it's really cool, he posts up stuff that was either unreleased or not re-released. Anyways, THOB was a new one, and I downloaded The Alternate Assorted Creams.. and it is excellent, they are fun, but they remain together and tight musically, it's simple rock n roll, with some great passion and pain and fun and happiness through the whole album, I really like it:D

2. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

No one for The Orange Humble Band?.. They are very appealing to me, and I think a lot of you folks would like them:D

3. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

I checked out the two videos, Eberg. They aren't bad, a bit popish sounding for my tastes, but the simplicity of their music is quite refreshing.

4. LG

LG Fade To Black

I have visited that BLOG myself EB, after you were Inflamed about a couple of albums you found there.

These guys are okay, not sure how much playing time they would get in my rotation, but it's always nice to find hidden gems and I'm glad you like them enough to write this thread.

5. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

:heheh:

I was really hoping for a better reaction, I was pretty blown away by them...:lmao:

6. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

Try this again, :bump:

an interview I found

7. LG

LG Fade To Black

You know one big problem with this band is their choice of name...that is a terrible moniker.:bonk:

From the sound of things it doesn't look good for another album anytime soon.

8. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

:heheh:

I like the name, but at the same time it just doesn't really work.....

and no it doesn't, I think they kind of hit the brakes a while ago, and just haven't had any interest in pursuing it any further.. just one of those things I guess:confused: