"The Official" Howie Day Thread

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Howie Day
5405764005_0ebe285e7c_b.jpg

Howie Day holds the record for artist I've seen the most live. Three times he's opened for an act I saw (Sponge and Blessid Union at college in which I caught the tail end, Dashboard Confessional and Switchfoot)! Each time he's become even more amazing! I hold him as the highest in the young singer songwriter/guitarist category for his great performing, expressive coarse vocal and great guitar playing skills and use of effects. He's very underrated and has three great albums. His debut album is:

Australia
album-australia.jpg

This is still my favorite album by him followed by his last and third album thus far, Sound The Alarm! My favorite tracks off the album which doesn't have a single bad track are:

[GROOVESHARK]25047427[/GROOVESHARK]
(studio version above and more emotional drawn out live version below, live is worth it if you have patience to soak it in)

She Says
(my favorite Howie song and this is the original version which I much prefer)

Ghost
(nice melancholic melodic track, love his vocal here)

More You Understand

Disco
(sounds better than a song with the title Disco ever should)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
This guy can play the acoustic, and he can sing. It is RIGHT up my alley. I am going to be getting into this guy's music very very easily.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This guy can play the acoustic, and he can sing. It is RIGHT up my alley. I am going to be getting into this guy's music very very easily.

I hope you do because it's greatstuff and I know you have an ear for quality! :grinthumb

The second album was Howie's breakthrough:

Stop All The World Now
60615346.jpg

At first I was disappointed with the album because it lost a certain raw quality that Australia had and became more on the clean pop side which is evident by even the redone version of She Says. Now listening to it I've come to see that the hooks and songwriting are really well done and it's an enjoyable album. It's a sweeter sunnier album and I've accepted it's good graces however different it is from the debut! Her are some good tracks off of it! :grinthumb

Brace Yourself

Perfect Time of Day

Collide
(his biggest hit, a well written sweet track)

Numbness For Sound
(my personal favorite off of the album, darker like his debut)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online