"The Official" Carole King Thread

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yes, thank you guys! I'm far from an encyclopedia on the older eras of music but at least I know I can start something and you guys can fill in the large gaps. :heheh:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't say experts lol

:tongue:

I had to go look up the name of the company because it was bugging me lol

Carole King and Neil Sedaka wrote music/songwriting after college for Aldon Music /Brill Building in Manhattan Nyc

as well did Paul Simon another one of their classmates at Queens College

:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Why doesn't that surprise me?

I am not the biggest fan of either Carole or James, but both have put out some excellent music over the years, and I am proud to have "Tapestry" and "Sweet Baby James" in the library.(That is the extent of my collection of these two artists.;))

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
Tapestry is one of those albums that you can pull out and listen to it after 39years and still feel good after listening.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
If you were into the singer/songwriter genre back in the 70's, Carole King was among those artists such as James Taylor, Carly Simon, Loggins & Messina, Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell and Jackson Brown whose albums were in your collection.

Agreed. I've always liked Carole King. She was a super star in the early to mid 70's. She was all over the radio.

Lots of great songs mentioned already...

And here's another one...

''Sweet Seasons''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8HYbYYW1U

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
I don't know how King and Taylor came to know one another in the first place, but on the DVD that's included in their new live album, he says she gave him permission to record and release "You've Got a Friend" before she recorded her own version.

Another worthwhile album for fans is the live one she did in '05 that featured, among others, her daughter. I think it was called The Living Room Tour.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray