The MOST "Over-Rated" band(s)..... EVER.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Overrated...... bands I just don't understand the fascination with...

Punk, in general

U2

KISS

Bob Dylan

Bruce Springsteen

Grateful Dead

Nirvana

Lynerd Skynerd

Allman Brothers Band

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Jim Morrison? Phony?? Hrm... his lyrics were great, and I can see how his drug use and drunken ramblings at concerts can make people think he is phony or crappy or whatever. Fame and fortune create new paths that open, that can lead to self destruction and addiction that happens quite frequently in the music world! I find Morrison's story and struggles quite sad...
But hey, I think he was a visionary and some people don't. I definitely sit on the opposite side of that spectrum! And the organ is great - it gives The Doors it's own unique sound, that is set apart from everything else.
It's hard to pick out overrated bands, so I'll just sit out of this one~~

Great lyrics? Ooookay....from one of their biggest hits:

THE DOORS
"Roadhouse Blues"
Yeah

Yeah, keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel
Yeah, we're goin' to the Roadhouse
We're gonna have a real
Good time

Yeah, back at the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
Yeah, back at the Roadhouse they got some bungalows
And that's for the people
Who like to go down slow

Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, all night long

Do it, honey, do it

You gotta roll, roll, roll
You gotta thrill my soul, all right
Roll, roll, roll, roll
Thrill my soul
You gotta beep a gunk a chucha
Honk konk konk
You gotta each you puna
Each ya bop a luba
Each yall bump a kechonk
Ease sum konk
Ya, ride

Ashen lady, Ashen lady
Give up your vows, give up your vows
Save our city, save our city
Right now

Well, I woke up this morning, I got myself a beer
Well, I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer
The future's uncertain, and the end is always near

Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, all night long

To be fair though, there are alot of songs that when you take the music away and just read the lyrics, they don't make much sense or read really cliched and repetitive.

I'll leave the Doors alone now.:)

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
As far as the Doors are concerned, I don't feel anything one way or the other on them. I did end up getting ahold of the two albums they did after Morrison died (Other Voices and Full Circle) and found I liked them better than the work they did with Jim. Go figure.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I actually dug that bootleg you posted. It's not something I would listen to on a regular basis, but glad I got to hear it nonetheless.
Yeah, and R. Evans, you pull out one song, how about Crystal Ship, The End, Riders on the Storm, etc etc. Oh wait, you decide to choose one "blues" track with simpler lyrics and use it to deny the pure awesomeness of Jim's lyrics in most of the others. But hey, you can like what you want! Overrated would mean that The Doors are given more attention than they ought, but I can list many songs by many different famous bands with a lot more simple, stupid, or plain boring music and lyrics. (maybe I would spend the time to list a few if I actually cared)
:cheers2

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Most classic rock bands. Given too much damn hype.

How did you come to be on a Classic Rock forum,i've read some of your other posts,i'm guessing it's not down to your love for Classic Rock?

I'm not trying to rile you or have a go at you,i'm just curios.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
How did you come to be on a Classic Rock forum,i've read some of your other posts,i'm guessing it's not down to your love for Classic Rock?

I'm not trying to rile you or have a go at you,i'm just curios.

Fair question, but I am sure he has a good reason if you read whatever he wrote in the Introduce Yourself forum

*shrugs*

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I will make a quick point here, although we are called "Classic Rock Forums" and it encompasses a huge amount of our music content, we are also a general music forum going back to the classical music era(which I love) and up to the present, including the new bands and sub-genres that have been created over the years.

I understand what Mud is saying, many young people do feel people of our generation hang on to past glories and bands for too long, at the expense of checking out bands that they think are very good and worth listening to.

As I have said before, I love all the old classic 60's & 70's bands I grew up with, that won't change no matter what anyone says. But even I will admit that sometimes people overpraise them at times.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrvilleTar

Staff online

Members online