The MOST "Over-Rated" band(s)..... EVER.

JuddBonus

Reaction score
Some ideal but different direction..

Now its been well established that we all agree upon urban/hop hop/rap as the most worst style in music in history...with no deeming qualities whatsoever.

BUT........

Now this thread is about the whole... granted theres going to a few songs to which one band has in their catalog that really deserves a "Boot to the Head" award because of it...

Now somebody pointed this out as a "Classic Rock Forum" agreed... so lets start there... go any direction you like... decade... a certain person (in as a group, to solo and back again or elsewhere...etc).. etc.

Lets try to skip rap...... shall we... not to mention Celine Dion, Beyoncé and her little dog . whats his hame again... Ummmmmmm oh yeah Kanye West. lets not forget Britney Spears..and finally Justin Bieber (who deserves to die).

DING............... DING... round one............................ GO! :tc:

the_spore

God Emperor
Reaction score
For real. And most stoners treat Marley like a mascot instead of actually digging his music. Nearly every stoner I've met that wears Marley shirts and constantly proclaim their love for him can't even name one song by him. After I point this out to them they'll be all like: "But he loved pot, man!"

Well, that's how all the stoners around here act, anyway. I don't know about anywhere else.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I love marley and don't need to be stoned to listen or appreciate him
can't help it if you guys don't get talent. :D

my vote-Led Zeppelin-yeah they are good but they are nowhere near the top of my great band list.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I love Zeppelin AK, but I admit that them, the Beatles, the Who and the Stones get overpraised quite often. Doesn't diminish my love for their music though.

Bob Marley, he is okay but a little reggae goes a long way for me, I don't have any of his records.

My pick, I'll lob a newer band out there than most people in the forum know I have a dislike for "Oasis". I know overrated is a completely personal observation but I just don't think they were all that great of a band, and I don't own 1 of their albums. I wouldn't mind going a few rounds in the ring with both of the Gallagher brothers though.:grinthumb

JuddBonus

Reaction score
EVERYBODY knows a Bob Marley tune... how in the hell can anybody forget that one song, and it was done buy Eric Clapton.. wanna guess, and no cheating...

But I love the other track that Marley done, later by Johnny Nash back in 1972... Stir it up... btw.. Johnny Nash is Raggae as well... so was Eddy Grant.. "Electric Avenue.. which wasnt a Marley track. And Blondies "Heart of glass" was reggae,, but was redone to what everbody knows.. But I seriously love to hear the original version of that track.

But the stoner part is there culture.. means something completely different than what white bread thinks it means...

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I know plenty of Bob Marley songs, my brother had three of his vinyl records and played them quite often seeing he was a Rastafarian...:heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.