The Kinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Marvelous band. Always loved Ray Davies. My favorites are The Kink Kontroversy, Face to Face, Muswell Hillbillies, The Village Green Preservation Society - not necessarily in any particular order.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I love those guys. I inherited a big stack of their albums from somebody who thought they had outgrown them. thank goodness that's never happened to me. songwriting and musical muskle of a very high order!

I saw them many years later a couple times in the 80's. one night they were best pals and partied with each and every one of us. the other night they yelled at each other and stomped around banging things. Ray stormed off at LEAST twice and Dave asked the crowd to coax him back. you know, I'd be hard pressed to say which night was better. those guys got some problems but Ray is one HELL of a showman and those guys can rock!

Otto

racing fool
Reaction score
pooldude said:
The tax man's taken all my dough...and left me in my stately home...lazing on a sunny afternoon.

The Kinks haven't really aged that well with me.

But the lyrics to that song are making me want to go out
and buy "Face to Face". Any more good songs on that album?

I saw them in the early 80's. It was a very good show.
Or maybe the young lady I was with made the evening memorable...

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I'd go with a 'best of' myself. "Dandy" is on it, not one of my favorites. I like 'Face to Face' and know many Kinks fan consider it their first great record. me, I like the bar chords!

Psychedelic Syd

Centurion of Psychedelia
Reaction score
Love the Kinks... I heard an NPR interview with Ray Davies a few weeks back... Interesting stuff... His autobiography was weird because it involved a sort of time travel thing, but he seemed pretty down to Earth in the NPR interview... I have always suspected though that he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about not receiveing the acclaim or celbrity other major rock stars have (in other words if you say Paul McCartney or Eric Clapton to the average music fan they would of course know them... But I don't think that is true for Davies and I suspect that bugs him... Well, at least it bugs me, lol)...

-

Zombeels

Reaction score
These Kinks albums are must haves

Attachments

• Kinks best albums.JPG
    Kinks best albums.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 63

MagicRat

Reaction score
I tell people all the time that the Kinks might be the most underrated band ever. Great songwirting and a great live band, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online