The James Gang (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The James Gang

A little Funk 49

:dance:

...Like these guys a lot, but I also don't think they are America'a CREAM....

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The debut, Yer’ Album, turns 55 March 2024

1710282065362.jpeg

In the groove at the end of side 1 of the LP version of the album (which is normally silent on most records), the spoken phrase "Turn me over" repeats in a loop, while the locked groove at the end of side 2 repeats the phrase "Play me again". Both phrases were spoken by Walsh

I Don’t Have the Time

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
That's a wow! Magic.
Another familiar album about the abode when I was a nipper. I've got the US original copy... still.
This track (and Roundabout by Yes) bring back so many memories of my late mom listening and eating fish & chips for supper.
Take A Look Around.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
All 3 of their Walsh lps are great....Rides is the best imho.
Saw them in 1970 in Bloomimgton IN......brilliant show.
Joe is one of the best guitarists in rock ...period. The Eagles saw him play as James Gang and solo and eventually asked him to be in their band which was far better for him being in it.
He showed Pete Townsend of The Who how to play leads and chords and create a more interesting sound. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-pete-townshend-guitar-tone/#:~:text=In a recent interview with,performed 'Tommy' in Europe.
He also got Jimmy Page his first gold top Les Paul GIbson when Page was still using Telecasters.
. He gave Page a 1959 Les Paul in late 1968 when The James Gang (Walsh's band at the time) toured with a then unknown Led Zeppelin. They were hard to find in England at the time and Walsh had 2. Page later paid Walsh $1500 for it and still has it to this day.

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
I think The Smoker You Drink The PLayer You Get is Walsh's best solo lp....the whole lp flows with a really nice feeling. One of my favorite tracks from it......

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online