The Front Page

mrblond

Reaction score
Magazines, Newspapers... their front pages are real documents who is on the top of the wave in a specific moment of time-line.

A thread only for front covers related to the music scope.

Hope these images will open your memories which to discuss here.

Last edited:

mrblond

Reaction score
I start with:

Metal Hammer - a German magazine, issue November 1984.

Ritchie Blackmore
and the Deep Purple reunion + new album are top of the wave.

Next in the row: Metallica and Scorpions, both bands with superb new albums.
Also in the news: Venom, Tokyo Blade, Nazareth and ... W.A.S.P. debuting in that year.

metal-hammer-8974-mg.jpg

Last edited:

mrblond

Reaction score
I start with:

Metal Hammer - a German magazine, issue November 1984.

Ritchie Blackmore
and the Deep Purple reunion + new album are top of the wave.

Next in the row: Metallica and Scorpions, both bands with superb new albums.
Also in the news: Venom, Tokyo Blade, Nazareth and W.A.S.P. debuting in that year.

View attachment 48040

What can we say now... in the moment of this issue, nobody knows that albums Ride the Lightning by Metallica and Love at First Sting by Scorpions will be placed among the top albums in the hall of fame music history.

Also, now we know that W.A.S.P. will got a relatively successful career as mid-ranged metal band.

Last edited:

mrblond

Reaction score
Hard Rock magazine (France), issue December 1987.

David Coverdale
and Whitesnake on top of the wave due to their multi-platinum brand new album.

Next in the row: Def Leppard achieving great success with their Hysteria album tour.

Also in the news: Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Warlock, Anthrax and Testament.

hard-rock-5146-mg.jpg

mrblond

Reaction score
Hard Rock magazine (France), issue December 1987.

David Coverdale
and Whitesnake on top of the wave due to their multi-platinum brand new album.

Next in the row: Def Leppard achieving great success with their Hysteria album tour.

Also in the news: Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Warlock, Anthrax and Testament.

View attachment 48049
Yes, Whitesnake and Def Leppard were huge in that year and their new albums were non-stop on our cassette players.

mrblond

Reaction score
Melody Maker, issue April 1976.

Led Zeppelin attack with hot album.

The Beatles on the second picture.
Also in the news: Neil Young and J.J. Cale

melody-maker-7108-mg.jpg

mrblond

Reaction score
Rolling Stone magazine, issue September 1991.

Guns N' Roses at their peak. On this cover with the new drummer Matt Sorum. The old pal Izzy Stradlin still here.

rolling-stone-1304-mg.jpg

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
unnamed-1.jpg
Thursday was the day the music papers hit the shops...and the NME was always purchased on the way to school- with a sneaky pack of Players Navy Cut and extra strong mints. I'd pour over it..cover to cover, send postal orders to PO Boxes in strange places to obtain that rare Iggy or Led Zep t.shirt.
Record Mirror and Sounds were a bit watery and held a false muso stance on things...me a spotty teen with a ******' hate for all.. had no time for such bollocks. I embraced the punk scene in late '76 and saw it as a furthering in what was going on locally anyway. Didn't see a huge void between the Pistols and many rock bands stoogeing about at that time.
Like most media in those times...these weekly music circulars whielded much power and were aimed at the young with record buying lolly. Some of the top photographers of the 60's- 80's were hired to bolster a feature of the week. Never quite managed to finish the hi brow crosswords though.. a project punk like myself back then....craved to see music- not ponder on it....but now shoving on into wrinkle city...pass me that pencil!

mrblond

Reaction score
Thursday was the day the music papers hit the shops...and the NME was always purchased on the way to school- with a sneaky pack of Players Navy Cut and extra strong mints. I'd pour over it..cover to cover, send postal orders to PO Boxes in strange places to obtain that rare Iggy or Led Zep t.shirt.
Record Mirror and Sounds were a bit watery and held a false muso stance on things...me a spotty teen with a ******' hate for all.. had no time for such bollocks. I embraced the punk scene in late '76 and saw it as a furthering in what was going on locally anyway. Didn't see a huge void between the Pistols and many rock bands stoogeing about at that time.
Like most media in those times...these weekly music circulars whielded much power and were aimed at the young with record buying lolly. Some of the top photographers of the 60's- 80's were hired to bolster a feature of the week. Never quite managed to finish the hi brow crosswords though.. a project punk like myself back then....craved to see music- not ponder on it....but now shoving on into wrinkle city...pass me that pencil!

Thanks for the memos. It is always interesting to see what was the mood back in the years.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online