The Favorite Soul - R&B - Funk - Thread

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
SC..not in the 70's, on local BBC radio they had 'Back a'Yard' for an hour on Friday nights..a feeble gesture. But the live and Disco scene was good. Was difficult to juggle going to see different styles of music. I hated Grease and the whole thing- but only liked Frankie Vali's song.
Same with Saturday Night Fever..i always dug The Bee Gees and in particular Jive Talking from 2 years before. Fave song from that time was this:
Always thought Yvonne Elliman's thighs a damn sight better than Chaka's!

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Hey Nai... I was going through my albums and came across this one. By the looks of the album cover I took it as a copy cat guy. The album title is Mutany On The Mothership. If you know the P-Funk mothership gang, they consist of all the top funk performers.. George Clinton, Bootsy Collins and a few more..
The album turned out to be quite a surprise.. Give this song a listen and tell me what you think.

Notice the U.F.O. in the sky behind him?? He might of been a artist that didn't make the cut with the mothership gang.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Oh Dam Banshee.. Sprung one on me.. The first one I'm not familiar with, but the next three were a blast from the past..
My pick.. The Natural High tune.. The Temptations of course.. Ya.. It's been in the 100's everyday here so I wish it would rain.. Great tune..Keep em coming..:D

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Dangerous dance track right here..

It's really hard to find this version of this Gap Band song.. I have two of the albums that were supposed to be this version but nope..

Junior.. Mama used to say..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online