The Eagles/Solo Careers: Walsh Vs. Henley Vs. Frey Vs. Schmit

Which one had the better solo career?

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Walsh had a better solo career BEFORE he joined the Eagles, but extremely average AFTER. And for those that don't remember, some of Walsh's 'solo' stuff was actually with the James Gang and not really solo at all.

In all honesty, I guess I'd go with Frey or Henley on solo careers, but none of them have been anything I'd call "incredible" away from the Eagles.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Frey if for no other reason than this song alone. God I miss the 80's. This song brings back some really heavy memories for me.

You Belong to the City

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind it is Joe Walsh

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Walsh, although the bulk of his great solo work was before he joined the Eagles. Still, even after he joined 'em in '76 I'd give him the nod for better solo work.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

Joe Walsh! :grinthumb With a number of albums and quite a lot of excellent songs, too, imo!

I believe that Don Felder also had a solo album (Airborne?) , but I don't know if that would qualify as a solo career? :dunno:

Walsh by a landslide....Glenn Frey and Don Henley greatest hits are ok, at best...Joe's solo albums, a lot of them were and are fantastic.

Joe Walsh is supremely underrrated. He is a brilliant songwriter and guitarist.:D

well its easy to see where I voted.......:bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.