The DMV Music Scene

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
The DMV aka dc, maryland and virginia. This is a very eclectic scene for rock music. DC tends to have more of an indie/experimental scene. Baltimore/Annapolis, Maryland have a good alternative, pop/rock scene. Virginia you get a lot of country influenced rock, jam bands and acoustic rock.
I am an artist who belongs to this scene and in this thread i would like to showcase the best bands IMO out of this music scene. Cinder Road is a very good band from the Baltimore area. They have a post grunge sound. The video i posted is a music video of their first single "Get in. Get Out."

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Jimmies Chicken Shack are local legends. They had mainstream success in the early 90's with their single "High" and again the late 90's with their single "Do Right." They represent the meaning alternative to the fullest constantly changing their style and experimenting. They once were made of memebers all named jimmie. Jimmy HA Ha the frontman/guitarist is the only original member left. Jimmy Ha Ha is the epitome of showman. He is known to be so drunk during shows to fall of the stage. He also is know to share tequilla shots with the audience, light his hair on fire, and do backflips of the amps into the crowd. Here are some of thier videos.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Fools & Horses are a good alternative rock band out of Baltimore. They at times have a nice classic rock feel.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Rome in a Day is IMO is the next breakout band out of this area. They have a gritty hard rock sound. Also they have a smoking hot female lead guitarist who can shred. They do a pretty good cover of Living Color's "Cult of Personallity"

Reaction score
I know Jimmies Chicken Shack:heheh:
I liked Cinder Road, the others didn't do much for me... keep posting more up, they are all interesting:D

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Another good band from the baltimore area is Sr-71. They are most known for their song "right now", but have changed their sound with a more mature sound with the album " Tommorow"

Reaction score
A little bit of Bowling For Soup influence with SR-71 going on there?:heheh:
That song was cool, I don't like that many pop-punk type drummers, but that guy and their lead guitarist had a really tight sound, they played really subtly, but it sounded like they were about to burst, and the guitar solo was pretty cool, simple, had a little bit of flash to it though

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
The Speaks are a alternative band. They remind me a little bit of creed. They are out of sterlng,VA.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Ballyhoo! out of Baltimore have already opened up for 311 and Afroman. They have a Sublime/311 sound. The are definitely a party band.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Rude Buddha BYw have one of the best names I have ever heard. They have a similar style to ballyhoo, but a little more pop punk in their style. they are from Sterling,VA

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online