ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
THE DISTILLERS
The_Distillers.jpg
The-Distillers-rp01.jpg
The+Distillers.jpg

old%20band%2011.bmp

The Distillers were a punk band that formed in Los Angeles in 1998. The Distillers formed by Australian-born Brody Armstrong (later Dalle after the divorce between her and Rancid's Tim Armstrong. She would later marry Josh Homme of Queens of The Stone Age having a child together), who has a distinctively harsh singing voice which has become the most recognizable element of the band.
They had significant line-up changes with Brody being the only constant member.

Members Brody and Tony formed a new band called Spinnerette since the hiatus of The Distillers.

On August, 16 2008, the band posted a blog on their myspace page stating "As you know The Distillers are on hiatus for the moment, while Brody works on her Spinnerette project.

So don't go assuming were gone forever, when that is not the case.

Thanks for all you guys who still listen to the music.

The Distillers.x"

One of my favorite punk bands.

Brody is what attracted me to the band honestly. It was her voice that grabbed me (find women with raspy voices sexy) and then I had to see what she looked like and saw them live and then I really got hooked on them.

Personally I think she shits on Courtney Love who she was constantly compared to. I also think she is much more attractive as well.

Great band.
Members
Brody Dalle, singer/guitarist.

Tony Bevilacqua, guitarist.

Ryan Sinn left the band in 2005. He played in the band Angels & Airwaves with Tom DeLonge of blink-182 for a time after the Distillers. Ryan has since left Angels & Airwaves and joined Love Equals Death. Ryan then left Love Equals Death and joined The Innocent.

Andy Granelli played drums and left the band in March 2005 to pursue his other band, Darker My Love.

Rose "Casper" Mazzola played back-up guitar and sometimes sang. She left the band after the making of Sing Sing Death House, and played for the band Gold Cash Gold for a short while after.

Cody Lane played drums and left the band in November 2000.

Kim Chi played bass and left the band after the making of the self-titled record. She played on and toured for the first Original Sinners album with Exene Cervenka of the L.A. punk band X and has since left that band. She is currently touring with Rockstar: Supernova runner-up Dilana.

Mat Young left the band after the making of the self-titled record.

Albums

2000 The Distillers

The_Distillers_-_The_Distillers.jpg

2002 Sing Sing Death House (their best album)
The_Distillers_-_Sing_Sing_Death_House.jpg

2003 Coral Fang
The_Distillers_-_Coral_Fang.jpg

Reaction score
I like them a fair bit... A dude I used to hang out with was absolutely obsessed with them... and for the longest time I couldn't figure out if their singer was a guy or girl:heheh:
kind of cliche, but Beat You Heart Out is my favorite song from them :grinthumb

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I like them a fair bit... A dude I used to hang out with was absolutely obsessed with them... and for the longest time I couldn't figure out if their singer was a guy or girl:heheh:
kind of cliche, but Beat You Heart Out is my favorite song from them :grinthumb

Yea her voice is raspy as hell kind of made me think too. When I saw them live it was pretty cool. They chilled after the show talked to everyone.

Brody is nice as hell.

Reaction score
Yea her voice is raspy as hell kind of made me think too. When I saw them live it was pretty cool. They chilled after the show talked to everyone.

Brody is nice as hell.

I went back in forth in my head for the longest time if she was a guy or girl:heheh:

and it's interesting to see which bands are dicks and which are nice, or which are too stoned to be nice or to be ******...especially with punk and alt groups:heheh:

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I went back in forth in my head for the longest time if she was a guy or girl:heheh:

and it's interesting to see which bands are dicks and which are nice, or which are too stoned to be nice or to be ******...especially with punk and alt groups:heheh:

Yea.

They were cool. Especially Brody she was taking a shit load of pics with people. To bad I did not have a camera haha.

I met a couple of punk bands. Dropkick Murphys, Pennywise, The Distillers, Rancid, H20.

They were all cool.

I met New Found Glory and ate right next to the bassist at Applebees that night after meeting them.

They were cool as well.

Bon Jovi is a douchebag. He has this horrible fake personality. Made me want to puke.

Reaction score
Yea.

They were cool. Especially Brody she was taking a shit load of pics with people. To bad I did not have a camera haha.

I met a couple of punk bands. Dropkick Murphys, Pennywise, The Distillers, Rancid, H20.

They were all cool.

I met New Found Glory and ate right next to the bassist at Applebees that night after meeting them.

They were cool as well.

Bon Jovi is a douchebag. He has this horrible fake personality. Made me want to puke.

I've actually never met anyone famous myself, so I just go by what other people say. but even the local bands are fun to see which are cool and which aren't.. and for some odd reason I just odn't think I could picture you hanging with Bon Jovi:D:heheh:

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I've actually never met anyone famous myself, so I just go by what other people say. but even the local bands are fun to see which are cool and which aren't.. and for some odd reason I just odn't think I could picture you hanging with Bon Jovi:D:heheh:

I've met a lot of famous people. The most down to earth ones were Brody Dalle and Springsteen.

Reaction score
I've met a lot of famous people. The most down to earth ones were Brody Dalle and Springsteen.

I've always wanted to... I'd probably be really star struck and lame, but at least I could get a picture or autograph or just talk, then hopefully after I leave(and not before) they can talk about how lame I was:tongue:

I've always heard that about Springsteen, Petty, AC/DC-Angus, Malcolm, and Johnson, and a few others that slip my mind right now.....

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I've always wanted to... I'd probably be really star struck and lame, but at least I could get a picture or autograph or just talk, then hopefully after I leave(and not before) they can talk about how lame I was:tongue:

I've always heard that about Springsteen, Petty, AC/DC-Angus, Malcolm, and Johnson, and a few others that slip my mind right now.....

The punk bands I met they were down to earth and just plain fun and funny as hell.

I just talked to them like I knew them for years, but I am also sociable as hell haha. I grew out of my shy state even though I have that part of me still.

Springsteen I was a bit star struck since I met him when I was young and since I grew up listening to him.

F

FoxyPage

^ I like this song the best.

Brody always reminded me of a dark haired Courtney Love, especially with her voice.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online