The Dave Clark Five! (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: The Dave Clark Five!

I usually dont tread into the 1960's music too often, Bucky, but stumbled upon that one and couldn't resist the urge to pass it on :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Glad All Over MC5's first big hit?

Wouldn't it be DC5? MC5 was Kick Out the Jams unless they too covered Glad All Over & I didn't know about it

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

That is correct. "Glad All Over" was the first really big hit of the Dave Clark Five in North America in the early months of 1964. "Kick out the Jams", the debut album of the MC5, wasn't released until 1968.

:sgreet:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Wouldn't it be DC5? MC5 was Kick Out the Jams unless they too covered Glad All Over & I didn't know about it

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I am sorry Bucky...I meant DC5...I have dyslexia...and I didn't proofread the post very good :(

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Stop making excuses. Just go out and buy this record:

Attachments

• A Dave.jpg
    A Dave.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 24

elfranco

Reaction score

I believe the DC5 had the "right" to compare themselves with The Beatles, when they were first starting out. Besides, there are very few British Invasion bands that were lousy. Back then we listened to everything we could find, and the were barely any losers. Maybe Freddie and The Dreamers! To me, the music of the 60's is somehow more sacred to R&R than any other decade. The brits showed quite a bit of swagger and musicianship. They were and still are the gold standards by which all others are measured. Too many groups to list. John Lennon, was a down-right whack-job genius and will never be second-guessed musically.

Flower

retired
Reaction score

I believe the DC5 had the "right" to compare themselves with The Beatles, when they were first starting out. Besides, there are very few British Invasion bands that were lousy. Back then we listened to everything we could find, and the were barely any losers. Maybe Freddie and The Dreamers! To me, the music of the 60's is somehow more sacred to R&R than any other decade. The brits showed quite a bit of swagger and musicianship. They were and still are the gold standards by which all others are measured. Too many groups to list. John Lennon, was a down-right whack-job genius and will never be second-guessed musically.

I agree ... :grinthumb

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Here's my favourite Dave Clark Five tune:

:****:

Last edited by a moderator:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

^^Flower, love The Dave Clark Five version of ''Do You Love Me''... In my opinion it was better than The Contours version. DC5's version had more juice to it!

Anyway,The Dave Clark Five were cool....so many hits....

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online