The Cult (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: The Cult

Totally agree..."LOVE" is the top album by the CULT....

One underated album is "beyond good and evil".....which had a "heavy" edge to it.......One to look out for !! Check out these tracks from the album

Attachments

• 1972.jpg
    1972.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 46

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I'd put it at #3 behind "Electric" and "Sonic Temple". All three are great albums though. As much as I love Ian Astbury's voice and the overall sound of the band I can't honestly say that I've really followed them outside those three albums though.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Many thanks to Sweaty for picking up the latest THE CULT album "Born into this" for me and Sox.....Guess what? It rocks !!!!:grinthumb

They have come a long way since the early days.....originally as a Gothic rock band
SOUTHERN DEATH CULT ....shortened to
DEATH CULT ...shortened to
THE CULT
.....They never did shorten the name again to THE :heheh:
[p.s.....seen all 3 bands in their day ]

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Great hard rock band. I have the first 4 and then lost track of their releases from there but Electric and Sonic Temple are awesome albums. I also like Ceremony. I have a live DVD of theirs as well which is a testament to what I missed out on by never having seen them live.

Once again....GREAT band .

rtbuck

Reaction score

I caught the Cult live last night & they put on a hell of a show. They played 4 or 5 tunes from their new album Weapon of Choice which caused me to go home & purchase the D/L (the CD sold out by the end of the show otherwise I would have bought it there). At one point of the show lead guitarist Billy Duffy stepped up to the mic which surprised me & he was giving a shout out to the camera man responsible for the big screams. He then began chewing him out for not knowing the camera should be on him when he breaks into a solo. I was right near the camera man & afterwards whenever a solo came up a large group of people would point at the camera man who looked really embarrassed.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Been some time since they released an album, top band and many fine albums under their belt.

I seem to remember reading an interview with Ian Astbury about 6 months ago where he was basically saying there is no point in releasing albums any more. A few people panned him for what he was saying.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Been some time since they released an album, top band and many fine albums under their belt.
yes they do Sweaty...:grinthumb
I seem to remember reading an interview with Ian Astbury about 6 months ago where he was basically saying there is no point in releasing albums any more. A few people panned him for what he was saying.

yes I remember the same thing its in classic rock magazine. Johnny-Too-Good...:grinthumb

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

One underated album is "beyond good and evil".....which had a "heavy" edge to it.......One to look out for !! Check out these tracks from the album

yes it is a very underrated Cult Album Lou/Realm

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
right if you could ONLY ONE ALBUM...which would it be..

drum roll please... LOVE for me!!!!:bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online