"The Calling / Alex Band" (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The Calling
the%20calling%20band.jpg

The above picture is the band "The Calling" but with no disrespect to the other band members this thread will mostly focus on the vocalist Alex Band! Alex Band is what made the band tick and he has since gone on to solo work with the same essential qualities he brought to the band. So here's a thread to the man below:

Alex Band
Alex+Band+Alex.jpg

This guy adds so much emotion to this pop rock band because he has the ability vocally to do anything! The guys vocals have such a great range that he does NOT make a flat song! Every song of his has character! Everyone song of his is is a romance! I can imagine the horror of my voice as I try to mimic the high range of his songs and back down to the deep range back and forth through the course of a song! :lmao: I'm not self aware at the time because if you are even attempting to sing it with the same conviction as Alex then you are lost in it! The Calling as a band had one successful album and one commercial disappointment which has lead to Alex's upcoming solo c.d. which is also excellent!

You guys may know The Calling for the hit single
:

Wherever You Will Go

Off of:

Camino Palmero
album-camino-palmero.jpg

But my favorite songs are:

"Could It Be Any Harder"

"Stigmatized"
(my definite favorite)

Also this soundtrack track off of "Daredevil" is the best thing about that otherwise bland movie:

"For You"

I'm sure most of you are familiar with them but when it comes to pop rock "Calmino Palmero" (debut c.d.) is one of the c.d.s I'll always go back to! I think they deserved their own thread! :tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Official "The Calling (Alex Band)" Thread

:bump:

Missed this one completely...time to listen and give you some feedback.:tup:

Could It Be Any Harder....Very good, clean crisp lots of emotion.

Stigmatized.....Great song!

For You....Okay now I know who did the song from the movie...lol. Better late than never.

Not bad at all my loquacious friend. I have lots of mellow music in my collection along with the "Harder" stuff and this band would fit right in.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

:bump:

Missed this one completely...time to listen and give you some feedback.:tup:

Could It Be Any Harder....Very good, clean crisp lots of emotion.

Stigmatized.....Great song!

For You....Okay now I know who did the song from the movie...lol. Better late than never.

Not bad at all my loquacious friend. I have lots of mellow music in my collection along with the "Harder" stuff and this band would fit right in.

You know LG these threads have been here so long that they don't show up in my updates section! :D I'm glad you like this band in particular because not everybody who likes hard rock likes something a little sappy like with these pop rock ballads. You hit the nail on the head with Stigmatized as in my opinion it's their ace in the whole. One thing about this band is the vocalist is anything but flat. His voice is about as expressive as it gets. Thanks for checking it out.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

You know LG these threads have been here so long that they don't show up in my updates section! :D I'm glad you like this band in particular because not everybody who likes hard rock likes something a little sappy like with these pop rock ballads. You hit the nail on the head with Stigmatized as in my opinion it's their ace in the whole. One thing about this band is the vocalist is anything but flat. His voice is about as expressive as it gets. Thanks for checking it out.

i did a benefit show with alex band in LA at the hard rock cafe a couple of years ago. great guy, songwriter, and talent. you wouldn't expect his voice to match his look if you know what i mean

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

i did a benefit show with alex band in LA at the hard rock cafe a couple of years ago. great guy, songwriter, and talent. you wouldn't expect his voice to match his look if you know what i mean

I know what you mean! He looks like a pretty poster boy but the guy sings with soul beyond his years! That must have been awesome performing with him! I haven't heard his solo work yet but I'm truly looking forward to it! :grinthumb

RobQuise

Reaction score

Stigmatized is one of my all-time favorite songs. So emotionally powerful. I really wish The Calling would put out another album.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

I know what you mean! He looks like a pretty poster boy but the guy sings with soul beyond his years! That must have been awesome performing with him! I haven't heard his solo work yet but I'm truly looking forward to it! :grinthumb

He is very tiny. he make bille joe armstrong look like a giant/

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I've bought the solo c.d. and have grown to love it as a whole more than either Calling album! Now lyrically it's not amazing as it sticks to a cliche love solves all theme but the passionate delivery and stellar singing that Alex Band! Seriously, Alex should be the go to man for EVERY major songwriter! Throw him the phone book and he'll turn it into a dramatic piece!

We've All Been There
(I'm not crazy about the cover)
6173cXtfwQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here's the single:

Tonight

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

This is pretty cool.

Adrienne

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!