• Anthrax

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Slayer

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
That's your opinion. IMO Slayer isn't all that great.

BTW......Slayer has no votes so.......I'm not the only one who thinks Slayer ain't that great.

Because few people here are Metal... poser :heheh:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score

BTW......Slayer has no votes so.......I'm not the only one who thinks Slayer ain't that great.

This post no longer counts either, because I just voted for Slayer! :oyea:

Seriously, based on classic material, its close between Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth. Over the past 25+ years or so and up to Jeff Hanneman's death, I've definitely preferred Slayer's output, so thus, I gave them my vote. I have to add that Megadeth have also been miles ahead of Metallica as far as new albums goes in that same timespan.

Did I just ignore Anthrax? Honestly, great band, but just not up there with the other three in my book.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You ain't the only one. Slayer are extremely overrated and their fanboys don't help. lol The 3 other bands having more diversity in their albums (even if I don't like all the albums) alone ranks them above Slayer for me.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
You ain't the only one. Slayer are extremely overrated and their fanboys don't help. lol The 3 other bands having more diversity in their albums (even if I don't like all the albums) alone ranks them above Slayer for me.

So, you're saying Anthrax have more diversity than Slayer? Apart from changing vocalists, that's a joke, right? At least Slayer went through their whole nu/crossover-metal phase, which could be considered diverse, whether one liked it or not. :oyea:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, you're saying Anthrax have more diversity than Slayer? Apart from changing vocalists, that's a joke, right? At least Slayer went through their whole nu/crossover-metal phase, which could be considered diverse, whether one liked it or not. :oyea:

I consider their 90s stuff more diverse. Slayer's 90s had only tinges of it. Tinges of nu metal but not much. Not enough of a change to consider it a shift compared to the other bands. And no I wasn't joking that's just my personal opinion. I consider albums of Anthrax like Stomp and Sound of White Noise to be significantly different compared to older stuff. Slayer's nu metal albums still to me had a lot of that trademark Slayer sound enough for me to say its really not all that diverse. To me Anthrax at least took enough of a melodic route in the 90s to have done a bit more in sound shift. lol

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
This post no longer counts either, because I just voted for Slayer! :oyea:

Seriously, based on classic material, its close between Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth. Over the past 25+ years or so and up to Jeff Hanneman's death, I've definitely preferred Slayer's output, so thus, I gave them my vote. I have to add that Megadeth have also been miles ahead of Metallica as far as new albums goes in that same timespan.

Did I just ignore Anthrax? Honestly, great band, but just not up there with the other three in my book.

Based solely on the first 5 albums I would also pick Slayer with Megadeth close behind.
But overall I had to pick Megadeth because I'm not fond of that nu metal era.

And the band that is highly overrated here is by far Metallica ,IMO. A few great albums and a truck load of crappy ones.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Based solely on the first 5 albums I would also pick Slayer with Megadeth close behind.
But overall I had to pick Megadeth because I'm not fond of that nu metal era.

And the band that is highly overrated here is by far Metallica ,IMO. A few great albums and a truck load of crappy ones.

I have to wholeheartedly agree about Metallica. The first four albums for me, like previously mentioned, are their peak. And the stuff is almost orchestral. They are a very successful and influential group, regardless...

But maybe it's because I'm a Mustaine fanboy. :tongue: Mustaine took absolute failure and downfall and churned and concocted his raging feelings into something bigger and better than Metallica. :) He's like a bad meat... hard to put down.

That, and the king-slayer lineup of Mustaine, Menza, Friedman, and Ellefson slaughters everyone in Metallica to their respective counterparts lol. And again... Megadeth has the overall scope of better albums.

Slayer was second because Slayer was one of the first metal bands introduced to me in my time of exploring and expanding my listening field. Reign in Blood shown to me at the age of 12 was a dream come true.
I've also always loved how much controversy they generate and still kick through despite all the bullsh!t. I suppose it's a nostalgic aspect for me to choose them second only to Megadeth.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Because few people here are Metal... poser :heheh:

I wouldn't call myself a poser, more like a casual metal chick. I don't make metal my life.

Besides we both voted Megadeth #1.....makes us kindred spirits.
:****:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.