The Beatles - Revolver (1966)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

The Beatles / Revolver

beatles-revolver.jpg

The Beatles' seventh album, Revolver, was released on August 5, 1966. It featured 14 original songs, including three songs by George Harrison. Years later, critics and fans would hail this as the best Beatles album ever made.

The album cover featured an elaborate illustration combined with small photographs designed by The Beatles' old friend from Hamburg, Germany, Klaus Voormann.

1. Taxman (Harrison)
2. Eleanor Rigby (Lennon/McCartney)
3. I'm Only Sleeping (Lennon/McCartney)
4. Love You To (Harrison)
5. Here, There and Everywhere (Lennon/McCartney)
6. Yellow Submarine (Lennon/McCartney)
7. She Said She Said (Lennon/McCartney)
8. Good Day Sunshine (Lennon/McCartney)
9. And Your Bird Can Sing (Lennon/McCartney)
10. For No One (Lennon/McCartney)
11. Doctor Robert (Lennon/McCartney)
12. I Want to Tell You (Harrison)
13. Got to Get You Into My Life (Lennon/McCartney)
14. Tomorrow Never Knows (Lennon/McCartney)

Revolver was a further departure from the traditional Beatles album. The Beatles music and lyrics kept expanding and progressing to new heights. The range of musical styles on the album was also impressive.

beatles4.jpg

Drugs continued to be an influential part of the creative process for the Beatles. Although they agreed never to be under the influence while in the recording studio, their songwriting was heavily influenced by drug intake, especially John Lennon's songs. The Beatles had first experimented with LSD in 1965.

New recording techniques were also used on Revolver including backwards recording. The Beatles first used this technique on their earlier single "Rain," which was released with "Paperback Writer" in June 1966.

Beatles / History

Visit Abbey Road

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Re: Revolver

Paperback Writer and Rain

beatles12.jpg

New recording techniques were also used on Revolver including backwards recording. The Beatles first used this technique on their earlier single "Rain," which was released with "Paperback Writer" in June 1966.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

Great thread Garrett
Great album.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

A lot of Beatles fans favorite album - but this album was no greater than any other Beatles album, imo. Love this album. :grinthumb

I haven't heard ''Revolver'' in a while...I need to break it out.

Thanks Garrett!

:cheers2

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

After "Rubber Soul"...this is my second favorite Beatle release. Although this album had more standouts, "Soul" to me was more cohesive but then again that could be to the wide range of styles on "Revolver" eschewing their usual pop leanings. My favorite on it is "Tomorrow Never Knows"...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online