The BEATLES (Official Thread)

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I now have a new all time favourite Beatles song, and considering the album it's from I know our Feldmeister will approve :grinthumb

I definitely approve. Great album.

Also, Adelaide commercial radio is breaking the mold here. As I speak, they've decided that they'll actually play a Beatles song on the radio. It's only "Let It Be" (when they start playing "Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite" I'll be really impressed), but it beats multiple replays of "I Kissed A Girl" :heheh:

Anyway, actually came in here to share this great article I found about the Beatles, which talks about something I didn't know - apparently The Beatles approached film director Stanley Kubrick (A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Oddysey, Dr Strangelove) to film them in an adaptation of Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.

Maybe it might not have been as perfect as Jackson's version, but hey, the soundtrack would have been epic :grinthumb

Did You Know: The Beatles Asked Stanley Kubrick to Direct Them in a 'Lord of the Rings' Movie? | Movie News | Movies.com

2010-0072-beatles-kubrick-alternate.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is a great Poster Feldy...and it would have been a fun movie although the Fab Four would soon realize that Kubrick had the One Ring to Rule them all if they did make LOTR's...:heheh:

Great stuff.:cheers2

Khor1255

Reaction score
Lennon as Gollum would have been hilarious! That is a real shame they never did it.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

On November 15th, 1959....Johnny and the Moondogs, (The Beatles) played in the final heat of the 'TV Star Search' competition at The Hippodrome Theatre, Manchester, England. Since the Moondogs had no money to stay overnight in Manchester, they were forced to head back to Liverpool before they were called back onto stage. They did not win.

The Beatles - 1963-64 - Johnny & The Moondogs - Silver Days

Recordings of The Beatles in BBC Radio and Radio Sweden auditions 63-65.

They called themselves Johnny and the Moondogs just for these auditions, which they unfortunately failed. One can only wonder whether Johnny and the Moondogs might have become a household name if they had passed the audition!

Introduction (Radio Sweden) 24.10.63.wav
1 - I Saw Her Standing There (Radio Sweden)
2 - From Me To You (Radio Sweden)
3 - Money (Radio Sweden)
4 - Roll Over Beethoven (Radio Sweden)
5 - You Really Got A Hold On Me (Radio Sweden)
6 - She Loves You (Radio Sweden)
7 - Twist & Shout (Radio Sweden)
8 - Nothin Shakin (BBC Radio) 23.07.63
9 - Lonesome Tears In My Eyes (BBC Radio) 10.07.63
10 - So How Come (No One Loves Me) 10.07.63
11 - Please Mr. Postman (BBC Radio) 10.07.63
12 - Crying Waiting Hoping (BBC Radio) 16.07.63
13 - Ticket To Ride (BBC Radio) 26.05.65
14 - Rock And Roll Music (BBC Radio) 25.11.64
15 - Kansas City (BBC Radio) 25.11.64
16 - This Boy (BBC Radio) 28.02.64
17 - Can't Buy Me Love (BBC Radio) 28.02.64

This Day in Music.com

The Beatles Bible: songs, albums, history, profiles, places, photos and more.

On This Day - Johnny and The Moondogs | Real Rock and Blues

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's nice to allow them access to the entire Beatles library.:D

Going to pick a new Vinyl copy of Abbey Road on Sunday...the old copy my little brother left behind is ruined.

The CD is very good, but I want the 180 gram audiophile vinyl in my hands. We partied to that record so often in my youth it's left a permanent memory of good times and I still love that album, one of the top ten ever recorded in my view.:bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online