The BEATLES (Official Thread)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

The Beatles

220px-The_Fabs.jpg

On October 12th 1965, While working on their next album Rubber Soul at Abbey Road Studio’s London, The Beatles recorded ‘Run For Your Life’ in its entirety, in five takes. (Lennon later admits to lifting two lines from Elvis Presley's 1955 hit ‘Baby Let's Play House’). And another new Lennon song ‘This Bird Has Flown’, later known as ‘Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)’. The track included George Harrison's double-tracked sitar part, the first appearance of that Indian instrument on a pop record.

220px-Rubber_Soul.jpg

This Day in Music.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

The Beatles

On October 12th 1965, While working on their next album Rubber Soul at Abbey Road Studio’s London, The Beatles recorded ‘Run For Your Life’ in its entirety, in five takes. (Lennon later admits to lifting two lines from Elvis Presley's 1955 hit ‘Baby Let's Play House’). And another new Lennon song ‘This Bird Has Flown’, later known as ‘Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)’. The track included George Harrison's double-tracked sitar part, the first appearance of that Indian instrument on a pop record.

This Day in Music.com

:grinthumb

tjacks55

Reaction score
I just love the Beatles SO much! I was brought up on them as a kid and was lucky enough to have seen Paul McCartney live before.

Has anyone heard about the musical Backbeat in London? It focuses mainly of Stuart Sutcliffe and I thought it was just great. And I learnt a lot! I found this review on it: Backbeat Review

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I just love the Beatles SO much! I was brought up on them as a kid and was lucky enough to have seen Paul McCartney live before.

Has anyone heard about the musical Backbeat in London? It focuses mainly of Stuart Sutcliffe and I thought it was just great. And I learnt a lot! I found this review on it: Backbeat Review

That looks AWESOME:grinthumb

would love to see it..next time I'm in the U.K. or perhaps if it tours ? I love pre Beatlemania era of The Beatles (as hint by my name :grinthumb )

I have toured The Casbah club as well as many Beatles related places in Liverpool and Manchester..but have not properly conquered London yet:heheh:

quite sure this is on my tado list now..thanks !:)

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Did anyone across the ditch see the Martin Scorsese doco, "George Harrison: Living in the Material World"?

Apparently it's debuted in America, to great critical reviews (which doesn't always mean it's good... me and the critics don't always hold the same opinions), and I was wondering if anyone has seen it and has opinions thereof?

I don't think it's aired in Australia, although you never know. Maybe on one of those crazy payTV networks I don't have.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet BUT will be buying it on DVD when it comes out. I can't wait. I have no doubt that it is indeed killer and heard the same from anyone I talked to that have seen it already.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

On November 3, 1967...

The filming for The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour was completed finishing with a sequence at Ringo's country house in Weybridge, Surrey, BBC television bought the rights to broadcast the film twice, the first broadcast, in black-and-white was scheduled for December 26, 1967. The second showing, on the color channel BBC2, was not yet available to all Britons, was set for January 5, 1968.

Source: This Day in Music.com

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet BUT will be buying it on DVD when it comes out. I can't wait. I have no doubt that it is indeed killer and heard the same from anyone I talked to that have seen it already.

:uh:Not seen it yet myself..not having power for over a week kinda sucks..hope someone recorded it for me ..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online